Giving up on dating. Anyone else doing that too?

After failing miserably in the dating game, I think I'm going to call it quits and just give up on dating and the idea of marriage. Anyone else do this or is thinking of doing this? :D

36

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I gave up a couple of years ago actually.
    After a string of VERY bad relationships, I didn't really make a conscious decision to quit, I simply quit trying because I was just hurt and worn down.
    Pessimism often gets the better of me and I decided people simply weren't worth the effort. And many of them aren't.
    As for relationships and men... I'm honestly starting to feel like I'll never have a good relationship, a normal one, where the guy actually cares and shows it. I don't really see myself as unlikable, but...
    I don't know.

What Guys Said 6

• Maybe you should take a break for a while. Focus on education and career-related things for a while. Once you get all of that straightened out, try dating again. Just because you failed once or twice doesn't mean it's time to end it forever.

• I've been on a break since November. But somehow, my heart wakes back up in the summer.

• I'm taking a break now.

• I'm considering giving up. I just got brutally rejected by someone I've known for 3 years. I didn't like her initially when we first met and even when we had been friends for a couple of years, but feelings developed more than I could have ever imagined and now I almost want to kill myself. Fuck relationships. Also the last 3 "dates" I've had have involved me alone at a restaurant for 45 minutes before I realized I had been blown off, at my house sitting at a dinner table with the person never showing up, and a kind of crappy coffee date in which we had nothing in common. I've never met a girl who's genuinely cared about me, not even as a friend. It's just not worth it anymore. The only thing that makes it hard is the urges, I might look for a drug to take so that I don't think about sex nearly as much again. It makes me miserable.

• Don't give up. Learn from your experiences and get back at it.

• Date is an old fashioned term anyway. Just meet, have fun and hook up.

What Girls Said 2

• I called it quits for a different reason its called its too dramatic and I prefer good sex no strings attached. I also feel more free

• I've actually just started, since when I was your age, I didn't do anything dating-related. But it's not like I try hard. I can't even look at a guy's eyes if I find him attractive. But somehow it just comes to me.

Maybe if you stop trying, it will come to you. Don't say "NO!", though..

• Can't look at a guy you're attracted to in the face :/ you're missing out :(