When you really think about it...?

when it comes to dating and relationships, everyone typically has some sort of 'ideal' ("dreamhouse" person or type)... but how often do u find yourself really going after that exact ideal person?

or do u just end up 'settling' for something/someone who is really not your first pick, but a (safer), more obtainable choice? and why?

I bring this up bc I have several attractive, skilled, intelligent, (employed) charming male friends, and none of them ever really seem to go after their exact ideal person. they just (ultimately) kind of take what they can get. They're all great guys & great catches, so I don't understand why they wouldn't at least give it a shot...

ideas?

What Guys Said 1

• I think it may be far too unrealistic a concept to find your 'ideal' mate, otherwise there would need to be a hell of a lot more tall, slim, busty women who look like models, yet are ok with getting their hands dirty.

The fact of the matter is that what we are externally is what tends to get us the 'interview' and then our personality sits down and does the interview. Sometimes you'll find someone who would compliment you really well as far as likes and dislikes and lifestyle goes, but you dont like the look of them, or you'll find someone you like the look of and then find they are as boring as watching paint dry.

I think the best thing is when you meet new people to try and keep an open mind, be honest with them, and just see where things go. They might not be what you were looking for, but they could be exactly what you need.

What Girls Said 1

• I think people settle out of fear of being alone. Its so much easier to take what you can get, than to have faith that the person and type you truly desire will come along.

Its sad, but a lot of people do this.