How do you date again in this day and age?

Been in long term relationship and recently got out of, how do you date again in this day and age? Dating site? Or just typical bar and stuff? thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing I wasn't to say is tht people can lie to you face anywhere.

With that in mind, you can meet them anywhere you want. In my opinion meeting online is great, as the number of people you have exposure too is much wider, and you can get at least some idea about them (assuming they have posted decent photos and have a well written profile) before you start to invest any actual time in them; and you can all do it from the comfort of your home sitting around in your jocks eating crap and generally being not your best self.

Just remember if you want to meet online, take it offline as soon as you can if you feel youve clicked, arrange to go out for a drink or dinner or something.

• recommended site? e-harmony or whatever is advertise? Tips on how to look properly?

• okcupid is a totally free, and rather good world-wide dating website. its very straight forward, and pretty good at making recommendations (assuming you fill out a decent amount of survey questions), but you are free to browse people by location and within an age range and yeah, just browse read and see what you find :)

What Guys Said 2

• For me, I've gone back to old school approaching random people face to face. We live in a more anti-social world, which makes approaching harder, since you are seen as the weird one for coming up to a person and saying hi, how are you. As a girl, dating sites will work better for you, but i would personally take a look in the mirror for a while and decide on what you really want. Do you want to wait for prince charming to come to you, or do you want to find him yourself? If you want to find him yourself, you should try putting yourself out there more and do some approaches in the right setting. You could go to bars and clubs, but honestly, i can't tell you that these guys will really be that great. The average 25 - 29 year old guy on the street is the best choice sometimes

• I agree that tech has taken away person to person. I'm in no rush for anything... I'm an introvert.. so I don't know about going to clubs and bars (not my scene), thanks for all the suggestions

• Dating sites are a complete joke.

• I don't know. I do know that a lot other guys are also complaining about the same thing. Google one of those sites by their name testimony and see. But also, if they didn't have the time to answer their messages a thousand or whatever, that means they set up one too many profiles.

• I will, make sense... I think they probably have to many site sign up

What Girls Said 2

• Just go out and meet people. Dating sites in my opinion are awful. Bars and clubs... guys are THIRSTY!!! They will leave with anything that looks decent. I recommend just going out to regular places. Maybe even try "meetups" or dating site stir ups.

• Such differing opinions :P

why are dating sites aweful?

• Go Janson!

• i'm in no rush but I know "dating" has changed w/tech... i'm an introvert... i don't like to go up to random people and make faces to people who come up to me and not know me haha... I know I need to get out of my comfort zone

• Just randomly meeting people. Maybe a friend of a friend.

• I like your train of thought. How about co-workers?

• Well I don't have any coworkers but I don't see why you couldn't date them