Teaching a girl to drive a manual transmission for a date?

She loves cars and wants to learn how to drive stick. I own a 95 Mustang that I've done a lot to (350 hp at the crank, there's faster but it's not slow) and usually won't let anyone drive.

She knows I never let anyone drive it, but I was considering maybe teaching her. I know it's not exactly a "date" thing to do but it's something she wants to learn. I'd also consider it "special" because I don't let just anyone drive my car. Not to mention it's just hot when a girl drives a stick.

Is this just lame or not that bad of an idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a pretty good idea as far as privileging her with driving your baby. Just be aware that she's probably going to burn the clutch out of it, and don't get too possessive/protective of your car while she's driving or you'll just offend her. If you're not going to wet yourself with horror the first time she grinds a gear, then go for it.

What Girls Said 2

• Do it but in an wide open area under the stars. Then after you teach her the two of you can sit on your car and watch the stars together! But make sure you let her know how special it is that you're letting her drive your car.

• If its something she wants to learn than I think its a great idea. Its original and you considered something out of the box that she would enjoy. So go for it, just make sure to tell her she's the first person driving your car and not just anyone drives it.

What Guys Said 5

• Seems like a good idea to me, assuming she wants to learn. Just let her know at has a bit of pickup, you dont want her to tear up the transmission by accident.

• I say, let the "stick shift" sexual innuendos begin!

• Definitely! It's something she really wants to do. And if you think it's hot, then do it!

• unless Your A Great Teacher No

• It doesn't sound like a bad thing necessarily as long as you're being responsible and not racing it. But just in case you decide to go though with teaching her to drive your Mustang, what city and state do you live in? I just want to make sure I'm nowhere around there.