Do you think a girl is prettier with or without makeup?

I'm just wondering cause I was going with my boyfriend the other night and I was at his place getting ready and I was putting on mascara in his mirror and when he walked in he gently took it out of my hand and said you don't need to wear any of that to look pretty and then kissed me. He probably just said that to be nice, right? Or do guys really think that girls look prettier without make up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww, if he said that to you straight up, he probably meant it. If he didn't mean it, he wouldn't have said it in the first place and let you keep putting it on. That's so cute that he said that to you. You're very lucky to have such a guy :)

• Aw thanks. I know I am blessed to have him. He is literally the perfect boyfriend.

What Guys Said 15

• Girls look good with and without makeup. Girls don't need to be constantly applying makeup to maintain their image, but it's good to know they make the effort to apply makeup to enhance their natural beauty. I repeat it's good to know that girls apply makeup to ENHANCE THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY. It's good to see a girl completely natural and what they look like when they can cover up any minor flaws. So, I like a girl that does both.

They do look bad when they overdue the makeup.

• The less makeup the better... the closer a girl is to natural beauty will always be preferable to a layer of overpriced gunk.

• As long as a girl doesn't overdo the make up, it can be really pretty. But it's not the make up that makes you pretty. When we think you're pretty, we think you're pretty just the way you are. You don't need the make up to be pretty. A little is okay, but not too much.

• Depends on the girl. But on most girls I prefer just a little bit of eyeliner. The rest is usually additional and totally not required on most girls. But hey, there are girls who can look incredible without any makeup.

• He was doing it to be nice, but I would say use it, just don't over do it

• I think a women is most beautiful with the least amount of makeup. Feminine is a huge turn on. So just enough to highlight things

• It depends on the girl... Some girls look absolutely amazing without makeup and others need a little bit to highlight their best features.

• Depends on the girl. Some girls need it, some do better without it. I prefer the ones that don't need it tho.

• A little bit looks good just not a lot.

• Some are and some are try both and stick with which ever one works better for you.

• Do u think my boyfriend was just trying to be nice by doing that or saying I was one of the girls who didn't need it as much?

• Could be I don't know your boyfriend I know if I ever had a gf I would never make up compliments about her.

• Definitely without

• With makeup, but doesn't mean they can't be without.

• It depends on the girl, but most guys, including me, would prefer girls wore less makeup, or none at all.

• Makeup is overrated by women. When I see a woman with a good bit on, I can tell right away. Sorry, but I know what human skin looks like, and it is not a solid flawless color. It looks like you painted your face, which you did.

• Obviously with

What Girls Said 4

• It really depends on the girl, the condition of her skin, and her bone structure. There are girls out there that are very blessed to have flawless or near flawless skin. There really is no need for them to wear makeup. I think there are a lot of girls out there that wear way too much makeup. They just keep piling it on and on. What I really find amusing is when girls put a ton of eye makeup on. I could be wrong but I'm guessing that a majority of men really don't care about your eyeshadow. I think that's one area where girls to it more to impress other girls. Kind of like how a lot of girls dress to impress other girls.

Then there's girls like me who are not blessed with good skin. I have a little bit of acne and a lot of red marks all over my cheeks. There is no way I would be comfortable without wearing makeup. I just try not go over board with it.

But most men don't say things out of blue just to be nice. If your boyfriend says that you're prettier without makeup than he's most likely be honest.

• Same boat, need some kind of foundation and blush to even my skin tone and balance out the red marks

• If you're either girl in the photo, I would say you are very pretty and probably naturally as well. So I'm sure he was being genuine.
    Some girls look great without makeup and other girls need at least a little bit. A lot of the time guys probably wouldn't even be able to guess whether or not a girl is wearing any and so they maybe think that is the natural look. So it depends on the girl and on the guy. In your case, I'm sure he genuinely finds you to be more beautiful without makeup :)

• Yeah but in that picture I was wearing make-up and I had a spray tan haha but thanks.

• Thank you :)

• I completely agree with your comment on how men 'probably wouldn't even be able to guess whether or not a girl is wearing any'. I really don't think I can tell unless I see before and after photos or if they have way too much on.

So guys comments on this issue are probably flawed because of this

• I kind of need make up to cover up my acne. . . girls with really good skin and naturally big eyes can look beautiful without make up. Someone who looks like me def needs make up to look pretty tho.

• Both! Some women know how to put it on, others do not.