Is he asking me out or does he just like me as a friend?

ok so my guy friend that i used to like was dating my other friend Jane and that's why i can't like him and im trying not to anymore i never even told him about my feelings it was my plan to but yea i did not want to make is love life more complicated then it already was because he was telling me who he should date and saying if i was in the situation what should i do he tells me that he can trust me with anything now and he talks about her and asks me what to do and asks me my opinion on things and so after a week he said i think i have to break up with her and i was sad and kinda mad that he was breaking up with her so early because she is my friend and she does not deserve that and so on Facebook i was talking to him and i asked if he broke up and he said yea so then he said i should go out with someone else x) and i said as long as it is not Shelly because that was the girl that also liked him and wanted to go out with him but he said no someone else x) i was happy it was not her but i don't know if he was talking about me going out with him O. O and i don't know what this x) means

Most Helpful Girl

• awwwwwww well if he listens to you and you guys already have that close bond with each other stay close talk to him more flirt and let him come to you don't try to hard but be yourself but more flirty and helping don't get attached to him but grab his attention and speak from the heart trust me every guy likes a confident girl and it wouldn't be a good idea to convince him to date someone right away best thing to do is be like enjoy being single for a while your so young because you wanna keep his mine opened to you and the more closer you get to him the deeper his feelings become for you because out of everyone your always there for him

What Guys Said 1

• Yes. I think that he is referring to you. Whenever I like a girl, for some reason, I start talking about how I want a girlfriend. I sometimes have no Idea that I'm doing that. I do sometimes talk about how I want a girlfriend on purpose just to let the girl know that I'm "open for a relationship". Hope that helped!

What Girls Said 1

• First, to me it does not hint that you are the one he wants to ask out. He may be just confiding in you. Second, he dated your friend. Will that be okay with her if you went out with him after they just broke up? Lastly, if you really liked him and would be willing to make things complicated with your friend, just confess you are interested in going on a date. Or ask him straight up who it is he wants to ask out.