We have been dating a week, already said i love yous. Too early?

Me and this guy have been dating for a week yesterday, and he said i love u within 5 days. I have never been in a relationship, this is my first and i didn't know what to do so i said it back. I know i have a lot of feelings for him, and the most we did was hug and that was today. Im not sure if we are going to fast , i feel comforable with everything. But i kbow that i dont love him

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that you can love someone that early simply as having love for them as another human being that you have made a connection with. As far as actually being in love, no. I see that you are younger than 18 which is pretty young. I'm sure there are people in your life like your parents, other family members, and close friends which you have great love for. But you are too young to fully grasp what being in love with another person actually means. Its not all butterflies and rainbows. Loving another person means not only seeing the good in them but seeing the worse in them and still wanting to be with them. It means sticking by them even when, at the time, you feel like it hurts to be with them more than it would to be away from them. What a lot of people don't get is that loving another person means you have to be completely selfless. Its not all about you or whether they make you blissfully happy every second of every day. Its a partnership. Its about never giving up on each other. Its about making the decision that you are going to fight to be with that person no matter what (with the exception of abuse). Too many people give up and break up or divorce. Those who stick it out, who fight for their relationships are the ones that really understand what love is.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't know what love is yet honestly, just when you think you've grasped the concept you later realize how wrong you were. This guy just thinks saying I love you will score brownie points or he wants to get laid. He's bullshitting, only say what you mean and understand, not just to say it bro.

What Girls Said 5

• Far too early. You can't love someone in that short of a time span. Love is knowing all about a person and still wanting to take a bullet for them even on their worst day when you don't like them very much.

• Most definitely , and still you may think you do but its too soon and things are going to get very clingy for both of you

• That's far too early to tell someone that you love them. You've only been dating a week! BUT, it depends on how long have you've known him as well. Why did you tell him that you love him when you don't? You should never do that.

• way way way way too early! I don't think you're moving too fast, because neither of you mean it! It sounds like a really immature relationship.

• it seems pretty early. but as long as you feel comfortable keep going. its okay that you don't love him yet. take as much time as you need before you say it back.