Asked me how I felt about guys texting her? Was this a sign of insecurity? What to make of it?

I have been dating this girl exclusively for a few weeks now, the other night when we were together she was looking at her phone and had a text from a guy, the content of which seemed harmless, and she said he was a friend and she opened it right in front of me. Then she asked me how I felt about the fact that other guys text her? I said that I trusted her and understood that she had guy friends, and it's not like I was going to make her stop being friends with them.

I'm just wondering why she would say this, was it some sort of test, and if so, I'm not sure what she wanted me to say? I just don't know what to make of it

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she realized you were watching her getting another text and felt like explaining it or saying something about it so as to seem like she's honest and open about it. I doubt it has anything to with it being a test or a sign of insecurity. I think she probably phrased things wrong in the heat of the moment and didn't imply for it to be interpreted as anything other than her just making sure you are OK with her still having guy friends who text her.

What Girls Said 1

• The first thing that came to my mind is that are you certain this is an exclusive relationship? Like have you communicated with each other and decided that is what you both want? Is it just assumed?

Assuming you have, she might of just been teasing or maybe doing it for attention.

Assuming you haven't, I'd guess she is testing to see if you care and if you're jealous. She was probably looking for you to say something along the lines of what you really want from her. She could also be insecure and looking for the reassurance/attention.

All I can do is assume, I don't know her.

What Guys Said 0