Advice for a Shy Girl's First-First Date in 7 Years?

I haven't been on a first date in a LONG TIME and honestly the thought of one terrifies me. What are some good tips/talking points I can take with me so I can keep the awkward silences to a minimum? What do NICE guys hope to get out of a first date?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be lying if I said men didn't want to have sex, but probably not on the first date.

Ultimately, men hope for a connection, and a good sense that the woman is not evil.

Keep in mind that while you may not have dated for the first time in some time, he may not have either, or he just went through a masty divorce or breakup.

Don't assume you are the only one carrying "baggage".

What Guys Said 1

• I like shy girls but beside the point. What I would like out of a first date is learning more about you, seeing if this could go further and just have fun. Maybe you finding out the same things. Relax you'll do just fine. Nice guys dont judge you right off the bat. Even if the dates not perfect.

What Girls Said 3

• Act like it is one of your friends that you are talking to. Relax and try not to take it too seriously.

• I went on a first date a while ago with this guy I really liked. Like you, I am a pretty shy girl who is not really good at conversation and was nervous about awkward silences. There were awkward silences but I tries to fill them in with questions about himself. Try to not pit pressure on yourself, because remember it is a first date and you are just seeing if there are potential future dates involved with this guy. It turned out, after my nervous and awkward first date with the guy I really liked, that he was more nervous than me. So, remember the guy will be just as nervous as you. It calm and make it lighthearted and try to feel comfortable and confident with yourself.

• Don't expect too much out if this date

Just go and have fun