Dating Sadie Hawkins Style? Guys thoughts and feelings on this topic?

How does it make guys feel when a girl asks them on a date outside of a special event like a Sadie's Hawkins dance? What do you think of the idea boys?

• I like it, but she should pay
  • I like it, I would still pay though.
  • I don't like it, it's uncomfortable
  • I hate it, that's a guys job
  • Not sure if I like it or not

Most Helpful Guy

• Within a relationship - I love it. I don't always want to plan everything. prior to a relationship - it would be weird. It's never happened to me, and I believe a man should make the first move... that being said, I wouldn't say "no" if she was cute.

• would you let her know you think the man should male the fits move, even though you didn't reject her for it?

because if she's ok making the first move, she may not be comfortable with the fact you think the man is 'supposed to do it. and by your accepting she'd have no way you think this way. i think its misleading. if you have a problem with it, you should not accept.

your giving her the wrong idea about the sort of person you are.

personally id definitely want to know. I would consciously avoid dating someone with that mentality and if you accept i assume you're the type who specifically does not have that prejudice.

• I think that you finding it awkward is relevant. that affects the whole relationship. not just who asks who.

out of curiosity have you given though as to why do you think you find it awkward.

why do you think you believe it is the mans job?

actually what does that mean to you? 'the mans job'?

clearly women do ask guys out. it seems unnecessarily complicated and dismissive, to think that they are doing the mans job, instead of just asking someone out.

• well it's actually extremely irrelevant, since I'm married and have been for 15 years. Plus I'm likely old enough to be your parent so my dating preferences shouldn't bother you in the slightest.

It's the man's job because it's generally the man's job to be the one who initiates the contact.

I think you're reading too much into my choice of words. It would be 'awkward' in the sense that it has never happened to me before. I'm not used to it. So it would be a 'shock' for lack of a better term.

What Guys Said 1

• I like it, I have respect for girls who are willing to make the first move. Plus I'm a shy guy so there's that too.

What Girls Said 2

• I like the idea , I'd be cool with paying if my college had one and if school dances weren't so lame . I mean sometimes I buy things for guys and its not as if it costs a lot of money to pay for a school dance. I mean I got my fwbs an AOC wine for 8 bucks and most guys i know wouldn't care if i bought them something

• I think it's a nice idea

Nothing wrong with girls doing the asking