Why do guys get intimidated if a girl is into natural science and hardcore math?

I've noticed that some of my female friends who are into history, talking about the latest fashion/shopping, poems or even baking/cooking get asked out more or already have a bf.

About 3 months ago, one of my friends introduced to a guy who wanted to know me better and thought I was cute. To make long story short, my friend told me he was intimidated by my room because it looked more like a man's lab than a girl's room (it is a small lab, I've transformed it into that over the years starting as a 12 year-old), books about Albert Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity, Theories of Gravity and Physics as well as my telescope.

I had the same problem with a guy in my chemistry class last year. I was told he did liked me but just intimidated that he was getting a C in that class while I was getting A's mostly and so never asked me out.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, I think it's GREAT that you are into science and math and good at those subjects. Any guy in his right SHOULD see that as ATTRACTIVE because having a good brain IS sexy! You can't do anything about guys who are so insecure that they're intimidated by the fact you're a better student than they are.

What Guys Said 2

• Have no idea why other than it sounds really imature of them. Probably just their age. Try again in 10 years. If I was interested in a girl that liked that stuff, Id like it. She could show me new things about that stuff but Im curious by nature too.

• I think it's their age too. One is 18 and the other one that got freaked out by my room is 19 (I'm still 17 and graduating this year).

• It sucks that they can't get pass that. I just happen to have my own strength (natural science and math) just like anyone has theirs. It seems that they want a girl that is clueless in those areas.

• I agree, we all have strengths and weaknesses. Some are very visible and others are not. can't judge anyone cuz of them. you're too young to worry too much about boys anyway. Take your time and find a good one.

• I'm not intimidated.

What Girls Said 1

• Women work in labs. i find it odd you'd be surprised these guys are freaking out, when you too sem to think science isn't something women do-excopt maybe yourself.