How can I get better at dating?

I've never had a boyfriend before, but I met this amazing guy and I really like him. He's extremely sweet to me.
Anyway, I'm horrible at dating so far. On our first date he held my hand and I felt so weird about it. I just felt awkward, like I didn't know him well enough. I was okay with hugging him at the end of the night, but that's about all I know how to do. On our second date, he put his arm around me when we were walking and again, I didn't know what to do, so I just put my arm around him too. He held my hand again and I was a lot more comfortable with it that time. And when he dropped me off at home he kissed me and I didn't really know what to do, but I guess I did it right because he didn't seem to notice it was my first kiss.

We go to the same school and sometimes between classes we meet up and talk. Whenever we're sitting across from each other talking he'll put his hand on my knee and when he does that I have no clue what to do. Just sit there? haha

I feel slightly pathetic that I'm so weird about this touching stuff with dating, but I really need advice? Is it bad that he's the one initiating everything? And how can I get better at dating?

What Guys Said 1

• It is nice if you initiate things every once and a while. Otherwise he will feel like he is the only one trying. Just do it what ever it is, hug holding hand kissing, etc , if it is awkward just laugh it off. you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 0