Girls, would you date a guy who wasn't in your league financially?

I met this gorgeous girl at an uni function and we hit it off right away so now we've been on a few dates and I've learned that her family / she is incredibly rich. Like handbag shopping in Paris on the weekend.

I just can't compete with that at all. I treated us to a few nice restaurants but if I continue seeing her at some point I will have to reduce my spending.

I'm not poor and my parents are doing well but I don't wanna take that much money from them.

Do you think she will still date me after she realizes I'm way beneath her?

Most Helpful Girl

• My family is quite rich and we live in a big house. My boyfriends family has like nothing and they actually just lost there house. But I love him and I don't care because he makes up fun dates like buying something inexpensive at the store and cooking for me and then we watch a movie and he might take me for ice cream. Money really doesn't matter to us cause we have eachother

What Girls Said 9

• Girls, would you date a guy who wasn't in your league financially?
    No as I would like for a guy to put in as much as I do and generally like for to have the traits I offer.

I think whether she'll still date you depends on if you match her in other areas such as being gorgeous and/or appealing enough to keep her attention and interest.

• I would and I have.

• Well my girlfriend is unemployed at the moment, and her parents work in a supermarket so she's not particularly minted. I'm pretty wealthy myself, but that doesn't change anything. She's a lovely girl and I spoil her.. A lot

So yeah, she shouldn't really mind

• Yes, I was actually in your shoes, I make about 85K a year and my BF comes ffrom money and he makes at least 300K a year. I didn't know this until a year into dating and was nervous when first meeting his family. But they are just awesome people and that fact is i don't make that much never is an issue.

• I don't care about the financial status of a guy whether I love or don't love him. Money and material things don't motivate me much.

• I think if she really sincere in dating you she wouldn't focus on fancy places. Why not u asked her what is her ideal date? If she just want something simple comfortable then she isn't that high maintenance though her family is rich. Is she aware of your job? If yes then she will be able to gauge the finances you have. A sincere and geninue person look deeper in a person... he or she wouldn't focus on material things

• I wouldn't care. But then again I'm not rich. Not that I wouldn't date a guy who had less money than me if I were.

• If she isn't a gold digger it shouldn't matter.

• I wouldn't mind. As long as he actually has a job and can support himself is good enough. Your age range is 18-24 and most people in the age range like that are in the same boat. Just getting started establishing yourself.

What Guys Said 3

• It really depends on her personality. Is she the high maintenance type whose parent's get her Louis Vuitton handbags and throw extravagant birthday parties for her? If so, she may be accustomed to living the high life where you cannot afford such a lifestyle for her.

On the other hand, she may be humble and appreciate simpler things. She may not be so materialistic.

Your concern is totally valid. I dated a girl for a year before meeting her family. When I did, I found out they were multimillionaires (like swimming pool and soundproof movie theatre in their home). I came from a modest middle income home. But she was very humble because she grew up below the poverty line and her family only became rich when she was in her teens.

• depends on the girl maybe?