How long should I wait for him to text me back?

So I was texting this guy until late at night and we both fell asleep while talking to each other. I sent the last message. How long do you normally wait for someone to text you back? We're not super close or anything, so I don't assume he will get back asap or anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• If we were talking about something important or I asked a question, I'd text the following afternoon. If it was just a random convo, I usually don't expect a text back. Since you're not that close, you can just say hey or what's up the next night. You can mention falling asleep, see if he picks up the convo where you left off...

What Guys Said 1

• Just wait till he replies. Make sure you say what you wanna say in a max of 2-3 messages before then. Like if he's making you wait like a dick

What Girls Said 1

• I would wait at least a day and if you do not hear anything from him just hit him up saying hi. Don't stress over it or anything. Do what you feel is comfortable. I hope this helped. :)