Do only good looking guys get responses on online dating?

Ladies do you only respond to good looking guys on online dating? Do you care about the time and effort a guy puts into his message even though you don't find him attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• I respond to guys who show me - in their first message - that they read my profile. All they have to do is tell me why they decided to take an interest in me, particularly what do we have in common. I went on a date with a guy last weekend form a dating site, and so far he's the only guy I've met in person. His first message to me said something along the lines of "Hey so I'm a brony too..." Lol of course I'm going to message him back after that!

Long story short, I do have to be attracted to a guy to date him, but you don't have to be a male model in order to get a reply.

• A guy has to look like Channing tatum

• You're into looks huh?

• I knew it

What Girls Said 5

• Girls have different taste in men say like me I like blond haired tan boys with either green, blue, or brown eyes size I don't care about like the guy i'm crushing on has brown eyes tan skin because he plays soccer and he has blond hair he is sorta fat but it's muscle not fat.

• Nope. Guys that actually put effort into their message instead of sending something dirty get more responses on online dating.

• I comment on their profile, ask an open ended question. Keep my message no more than 5 sentences. Nothing dirty

• Uhm its difficult to tell your effort just by via message. I understand how you feel but i think its better when pp can meet face to face soon after their saying hello online. But anyway, if you can show you are a nice and interesting person, there is always a high chance that some girls will pay much attention to you

• I do all that but they don't like me cuz I'm overweight

• The ones with people skills and reasonably looking

• i am going to be honest and yes. but what i find attractive varies with what others find attractive.

• and guys do the same. we need to feel at least some kind of attraction to you.

• I am going to be honest with you right now you need to love yourself. eat right, exercise, stay up to date with current trend and focus on yourself before you think about getting a girl. You need to fel better about yourself and the only way you can do that is by liking what you see in the mirror.

• Um I'm 36 and don't have the time to do all that like you young people. I need to get married before 40. So are my stats unattractive?

What Guys Said 3

• When I was like super super skinny I honestly went on more dates then now and I am now at a point where my arms are complimented and all that (I am going to the gym 5-6 days a week now).

Here are the stances.

The girls who message the "good looking guys" are pretty much girls who aren't really serious.

But then you got girls who fully acknowledge that a "super good looking guy" is out of their reach. I have been told from an overweight girl who does online dating and she outright says that she won't message a guy with a six pack.

Now from my experience when I was actively online since going to the gym I would mainly get a first message from a girl who was overweight and it'd like me thinking "... really? Why would she bother?" and I am talking about grossly overweight. This is ironic to me since I hear so many girls complain that "guys only want good looking girls."

With that said, what I would say is be real about the looks of a girl and keep that in mind if you message her with your weight situation.

The harsh reality that I don't like to say though is that money is the biggest factor with girls and online dating. If you have a high paying job, you can almost get by without any looks even. There are stats from girls outright messaging guys who claimed to make 100k and the stats were disgusting in my opinion. Having a good body will net you hook ups, but in dating, the money for a lot of girls out there so the tough part is finding a girl who is not money-motivated. When you browse enough the profiles if you read them carefully you'll see what I mean. I have read forums where a girl would actually browse the other female profiles and become absolutely disgusted with what she read.

• I make ok money and have had gfs so not all women are gold diggers.. they are independent and earn their own money..

• Agree with this. But I think its better if girls want to hook up with you and you srprise them by being bf material then girls want to be your gf and you still haven't gotten them horny yet.

• Are you saying overweight people should only date overweight people?

• They generally respond to guys they find attractive. As do the guys who send the messages, they send them to girls they find attractive.

• So since I'm not attractive I probably shouldn't send out messages just to save myself the heartache?

• Because it's apparent you just want to have a pity party, and I didn't RSVP that I would attend.

• You assume

• I was doing this analysis earlier today on a "rate my appearance" website. The males who got the most votes had a more complete and personal profile regardless of sexual attractiveness than the males who did not. This was across the board for multiple websites of this type too; surprisingly this seemed to be the trend for females as well and even the females who put up nudes or near-nudes didn't get as many votes as those who filled out their profile in a manner that portrayed them as a person of depth.

What this means is what I figured all along: Initial attractiveness has very little to do with holding sexual or romantic interest. There is a threshold, no doubt, but it's a very low threshold; people are more interested in who you are than they are in what you look like simply because there are many people out there who look good but not many necessarily who are interesting and able to psychologically engage the viewers.

So to give a simple answer humans in general are more likely to respond to completed and personal profiles and to people who show that they read or at least care about the people they message. Ineffective profiles are "Hey, I want sex" or "I'm so cool, talk to me" or "I'm bored", etc. getting, even for females, less than a quarter of the total votes and views than other taglines of either an honest nature ( "I am looking for X__________X" ) or a more interesting tagline about themselves that makes them unique.

Romantic Marketing is interesting.

• This is not from what I heard from the women on here

• I don't have a gf she's my ex

• Have. Had. Whatever. The reality is someone liked you. So the reality is that more than that one person will like you. It is that simple.