Have you ever gotten into a relationship without being completely over someone else?

If someone has unresolved feelings for someone else, why would they get into a relationship? Or is your experience, what were your reasons?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, yes. I started dating my current bf even though I was hung up on someone else. I was dating the other guy on and off for about year in the hopes that it would turn into something serious, but he always had an excuse for it not to. Eventually he moved on and found someone else and I was hurt. There was part of me that thought, "what if" and still thought I could change him. It wasn't until I was with my bf for awhile and fell in love with him that I realized how trivial my feelings were for the other guy. I cared for him a lot, but it wasn't a real relationship and doesn't compare to what I have now.

Sometimes you just need to get out there and push yourself to move on.

What Guys Said 3

• Having watched countless friends in rebound situations, the failure rate is about 99%. Leaving a relationship is painful and it takes time to heal. Some say a week for every month you were in the relationship up to three months. Grief is painful but productive emotionally. A corollary is: never leave one relationship for another. Very low success rate.

• Yes I have. Sometimes you need to or you may get stuck on one person for a long time.

• Yeah. I got dumped a number of years ago and never really got over it. But I got into another relationship a couple years after and kind of blocked out the past, but only ended up getting my heart broken again. I can't explain why I am so fixated still on my first love after all these years.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I never have been in a realtionship but i'd think a lot of people do.