Do I give up on my relationship?

My boyfriend and I got into a fight last night. Weve been together for the past 8 months, long distance for the past 2. Ever since then I've felt like he's giving up on it. We'll go days without speaking. Every time he's supposed to come visit me, something comes up and it always turns into me making the trip to visit me. We haven't seen each other in a month and we were supposed to see each other this weekend. Every time I've talked to him about the fact that this bothers me, it basically comes down to him telling me that he should know how he feels about me. I got mad at the fact that the plans were changed 2 days before the weekend because something more fun for him came up where he is, and wants me to be there, instead of the plan of him coming to me. We left it at we need to talk, basically implying that we're going to break up tonight when he calls me. The problem is, I'm not ready to give up on this. I just want him to listen to what I'm saying so that I don't HAVE to get mad at him for things, which I hate. Should I keep fighting for this because when things are good, and we're together, things are perfect. But he doesn't seem to be listening to me when I tell him things are bothering me, and he gets upset when I get mad at him. What do I do? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance love is one of the toughest relationships two people can have. It takes a lot of hard work and nurturing endless effort on both partie's parts, and when One of the parties is "party pooping out," it makes it more difficult to hold anything together. Things start to fizzle, and the party is over.
    He may be losing interest now that you both are at arm's length, sweetie. I don't know if you both have tried to do Yahoo or even Skype to try and keep the face to face flowing, and the convo lines wide open, but this does help in many ways. You didn't mention when you were both supposed to meet up again. When it's been awhile since touching and talking, this causes a problem as well.
    Try and talk things out, and find out where you both stand now, and what his real intentions are. It's better to know the truth, than to wait around and either be played as a clown, or held back from going out there and learning to live it up all over again.
    He most likely is giving you subtle hints Now that it's best to move on, and is using excuses for you to make some kind of move to move on again. It doesn't sound as though he is really into this long distance journey, although I am sure you want to fight to keep it at all costs. But if someone doesn't feel like you do in keeping the flames burning, or is even willing to Fight like hell to keep You nor your relationship reeling, then maybe it's time to cut him off, and let him go. When they stop listening, you know they're shutting you out, along with the communication that is very important to keep the romance rolling. xx

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like your the one making the relationship go in a circle, you said its been this way you making the effort. so i'd say your forcing the relationship to work.. which is not a bad thing, but is that how relationships are suppose to work? so you have already expressed your feelings and thoughts and no changes, so you want to express again?
    im thinking you already know what is coming but are not emotionally ready to accept it. sorrry but at least you haven't been doing this for years.
    8mos is a stretch but cut it off swifty and surely.. and no contact for 6mos or you will start it all over again

• she should make time to see you , which he doesn't which suggest that he's not bovered.

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately, even though you want to work it out, it sounds like he's not willing to compromise on this relationship like he should be doing. If he still isn't willing when you talk to him, a break sounds necessary, especially for your sake.