Thoughts on asking out someone you see at work everyday?

Pretty basic, but I have two layers to it. I work as a Lawyer and there are two women who I kind of like and considered asking out but not sure if it would be a good idea.

The first is someone who works as a clerk in a courtroom I am in a couple days a week at least. She isn't a co-worker, but I see her a few days a week at least and she interacts with the same people daily that I do.

The second is actually a co-worker of mine. I don't see her at work as much because she works in another courtroom, but again we share all the same co-workers and at some point we could end up working in the same units or have to work together a lot.

So what are people's thoughts on this? I have never dated anyone I worked with, and have always kind of stayed away from it, but I kind of like these two women and would be interested in at least pursuing it, but if it went bad it could lead to awkward situations at work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me when I say you don't want to do that... It could get awkward and uncomfortable if anything happens. Plus it could ruin your reputations. Especially in a really professional setting like that.

by the way , are you from Detroit? I'm about 20 minutes from there :P

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't date my co worker because it is very awkward if things doesn't work out. I would only date him if one of us is leaving the company.

What Guys Said 1