Do you have high standards when it comes to choosing men/women? Are you picky when choosing who you want to date?

I think the question says it all. Are your criterias resonable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very lol, I have always looked for the wrong kinda right, which never worked out well, I just didn't click with that kind of person, but now, I look for the right kinda wrong, and I click a lot better with these kind of girls. I am not saying that I have a type, but I no longer make to much of an effort to get what my heart tells me I should go for, I fuss over her qualities, but once I know her a little more, I then realise that she would of been a little bit high maintenance, so I now make a point of showing more attention to those girls who don't instantly stand out at first, because these are the type of girls that really get me interested and don't ever become hard to be with, if that makes sense, x

What Guys Said 11

• I have standards but I don't think they are overly high.

like I would like a girl who is intelligent, funny, kind, thoughtful, honest and things like that.

I think everyone should have standards for who they date or fall prey to dating people they shouldn't

• I don't really think I'm that picky when it comes to appearance. I do want to be sexually attracted to them though or it wouldn't work. The person they are though and how they act and how they think to an extent is really important to me. I want someone I get along with and enjoy my time with. I think that's pretty reasonable at least to me.

• My criteria is ridiculous. I rarely find someone i want to date. However when I am romantically interested in someone, it's very strong. It is also almost entirely based on personality chemistry, rather than physical attraction.

• My standards aren't high. I'm quite an equal-opportunist. However, I am fairly picky in regards to what I look for in the personality of my mate.

• I'm really picky about personality. Each individual thing is perfectly reasonable, but the combination of traits makes things pretty difficult for me.

• I have no standards. My stuck-up wife won't let me date.

• GOD YES
    and still I get surprised at how they can have so many fleas

• Ummm... I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to even dating much less getting a girlfriend. I'm so picky that I would rather be unmarried for the rest of my life then get a less-than-perfect girl.

• They aren't necessarily high... but they aren't necessarily low either

• Yeah I'm pretty picky for a reason

• Personality-qise, I am very picky compared to other men or compared to even women.

Looks-wise, I'm average really. If she's not overweight, chances are she's good enough.

What Girls Said 10

• Lol I think I would be one who has high standards. But I also am one who would be content with being alone if no one met my standards. I wouldn't complain about it.

That being said, although my standards are high, they are still reasonable. It should be reasonable to expect your significant other be strong in the Christian faith, be waiting for marriage for sex, not have had sex before meeting me, not be a cheater, not drink, not smoke, not do drugs, and not have tattoos.

The tattoos, drinking, smoking, drugs, and waiting for marriage part for some reason rub lots of people the wrong way.

And also it's for some reason really offensive to people if you tell them that you are not interested because they have had sex before and it doesn't matter to you that they said they were willing to wait for you "to be ready" or until marriage.

My standards do make my dating pool rather small lol but I'm okay with that.

• I find lots of different kinds of people attractive so I don't necessarily have high standards in terms of physical attractiveness. Personality-wise, however, I'm really picky. The randomest thing can either be a turn-on or a turn-off. I don't feel that comfortable in my own skin so dating is pretty much impossible for me lol.

• No I don't have high standards. Yes I think my criteria is reasonable. The only problem is that I very rarely connect emotionally with other people. That's basically the only thing that keeps me from dating as much as I could have otherwise.

• Yes I am very picky I only date guys with Blonde hair Tan skin and green blue or brown eyes

• Well, I can honestly say, from my 'experience', I am not choosy. Um, granted, certain people who I've dated before, influence my decision for the next person I date but I definitely am not choosy. One thing is for certain though. I am not racist in anyway but I am a female of the Asian persuasion and one thing in common for me over the guys I've dated is that they've all been of white or caucasian ethnicity.

• I try to be reasonable. However, for me to date a guy I have to be attracted to him. Except this one time when I accidentally went on a date... oh.

• I only want a geninue guy who shows me his sincerity and there also need to be physical attraction.
    I prefer non clubbers and party goers, I am just uncomfortable with people who spend too much time clubbing.

• Nope my standards are reasonable.

• No because I've been able garner relationships.

• I don't think I have high standards but I know I'm picky.