Has anyone joined dating sites just to stroke your ego?

Like you dont have any intentions of meeting anyone or even speaking to them but you are only there for the ratings.

I have done this before and it definitely made me feel better.

(by the way i have never led anyone on since i never spoke to anyone i just liked the fact that they pressed the interest button)

Most Helpful Guy

• I am trying to recover from my divorce. I was married 20 years together 25. I can count on 1 hand the number of women I have actually went on dates with in my life including my wife. So nobody wanted me then when I was young, thin and had hair. Why would they want me now. I am not much to look at so I have that against me.
    So I must say that when I downloaded tinder to see if anyone might "swipe right" I expected to not get a match at all. But there have been a few. I have deleted it a few times mostly because I know I am not ready for anyone but I am really lonely, so I keep thinking maybe I want to just go on a date.. but many of the same women say yes each time I go back on so it is not like it was a mistake that they hit the heart.
    So that did make me smile. But they never send any kind of a message so that takes away any boost I received because it isn't real.

What Guys Said 3

• I actually stopped messaging girls online because of this very reason. Most of the girls I see are doing what you do. I personally feel like I would be wasting my time when I would message girls and even though I'd manage a few dates, It was still annoying and girls in this day are not serious about dating when it comes to online as much as they are looking for free meals and such. One girl's getting a reality show from it and it's all about her snagging a dinner date at every restaurant in her neighborhood without paying a dime.

While I still think it's far worse for the guys who get hit by gold diggers, I still feel like the girls who do such a thing are that.. just girls, not women. They're just looking for attention and are a big reason why online dating is something I don't really suggest for guys in general.

• Thats an unfair comment to make when i have found men on thpse sites just want to hook up.

The day before i deleted my account i was speaking to a guy and i was honest about my intentions on the site. I was asking him quetions about how he's experiences were and whether he founf anyone he liked since joining the site. It was a casual conversation and i was intersted in reading what he had to say. But, he wasn't interested on that he turned the conversation about me and my sexual experiences. When i told him about my limited experience he suddenly disappeared.

Majority of the men on dating sites just want to hook up.

• Nope but sounds kinds fun. A guilty pleasure lol.

• This right here is exactly the vibe I got from a lot of the profiles on these dating sites, so I have a feeling you are definitely not alone.

What Girls Said 4

• No, I honestly think dating sites are pathetic. No offense or anything, but I've tried the whole online dating thing and found that they tend to be places full of guys and girls who can't really get someone in real life. The percentage of well-rounded, highly desirable, socially skilled men and women who are on those sites is slim to none.

I don't like posting pics of myself online because you never know what people will do with them so I just see no point in doing that at all. None whatsoever.

• Naw, not really. Although I have tried dating sites, but not to stroke my ego. Its not much of an ego stroke if the guys interested are mediocre to simply not my type.

If a Ryan Goslingeque guy sent me a "wink" or equivalent to that, then THAT would stroke my ego. Otherwise... meh.

• I joined one a few years ago because I had extremely low self esteem. I never let any of the guys on and ran away once the creepy messages started pouring in.

• did you feel like it helped you?

• Yeah, It helped a little. I had some good conversations with a few guys about my insecurities.

• wow!! I am happy for you! I have to admit it helped me too.

• No, lol. I don't need my ego stroked.

• hahah u should try it, its definitely fun.