He doesn't always respond when he's out, but if I don't he gets mad! Why?

If he is out, he sometimes messages me. But if I'm out and I don't respond or take a long time, he will ignore me and start backing off.
But he consistently doesn't reply. I tell him sorry I got busy. He doesn't question. Just backs off. What's up? I will focus on him instead of those I'm with and when he doesn't do the same I will not expect that. And just not worry about him when *I* am out then.
But for him to get mad when he does it, I don't know why. We aren't dating but getting closer.

Also- by mad, in my title, more like I notice a definite difference in him and we can end up not talking as much as a result.

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't specify if you're dating or not. I got to it later - if you're not then he sounds unnecessarily aggressive. Even if you were dating he would sound aggressive, but now even more so. Also, he is obviously a control freak and jealous for no good reason. He sounds like he could be an aggressive boyfriend. Stay away from that, I'd say.

What Guys Said 2

• You aren't even dating? These are bad signs girl. Stay away. He probably has trust issues, meaning mainly, that you can't trust him. It also sounds like he won't put you as a priority even if you DO start dating. Seems selfish, and doesn't know how to maintain a healthy relationship. That will hurt, a lot. Don't be a "fix him" girl.

• Hahah Change that situation before it gets too late. Or it would be like this forever, believe me.

• What do you suggest is the best way to approach this? Thanks in advance

• Wait for him to be mad next time, Then let this all out. How when he do it, Its ok but not same when you do. Talk him through lol

What Girls Said 2

• he seems controlling and probably has trust issues. you don't want to get into a relationship with a guy like that, trust me. been there done that.

• I say stay away from him. Noone deserves that at all. You are not dating then go the other way. No guy is worth you feeling like that.