guys would you date a girl that was heavily into drinking?

would it matter if your potential gf drank or not? what if she was really into drinking would that be an issue? and like partied and drank a lot every weekend? would you want to date that girl? or prefer one who just drank socially now and then or one that didn't drink at all.

myself I tend to meet a lot of party girls at bars but then realise there like impossible to date and just want to get drunk. so things never go anywhere

• party girl / heavy drinker
  • occasional / social drinker
  • sober / never drinks

Most Helpful Girl

• in my opinion guys are always attracted to the "bad girls" They seem exciting and are extremely sociable. I'm not a party girl per say but I do drink a lot and I go out a lot. Many Sober/non social guys/girls want to date me, and the dynamic isn't proper at all.

And you are correct, party girls aren't really interested in dating, they just want to party. Unless you're a party dude that can keep the party going, a "bad girl" isn't going to be interested, unless you can appeal to her significantly in other ways.

However, partying for some people is a hobby, and if you don't/can't partake in that hobby it'll be a turn off. From what I've seen far more men are attracted to girls who get turnt up compared to girls who occasionally get turnt up and/or girls who never get turnt up at all. Even if the guy himself isn't one to get turnt up on the regular or at all.

I don't know if it is deliberate. Or if party girls are simply easier to notice, which makes people in general more curious about them. For example, the girl doing a keg stand with people cheering around her is probably going to get more attention than the girl standing off to the side with a cup of beer, or the girl sitting in the shadows reading a book.

• I don't think guys like these girls cause there drinking in the sense. more they notice these girls when at bar much easier and so become interested in them. I've had that happen before where I saw such girls and developed a thing for them even if I wasn't drinking when I meet them. it is hard to appeal to party girls unless you have access to really good party scene and talk to them in person a bit so they feel comfortable around you. but either way they never turn into credible dating options and by the time they want to date they'd likely have lost most of there appeal anyways as they'd be getting into late 20's and not nearly as attractive as when they were 19

• so type 1 doesn't actually do " illegal " things more doesn't care and parties a lot. maybe the type to wear revealing clothes and sleep around a bit but not necessary a slut? maybe occasionally smoke a joint at a party but isn't a drug addict? that type of girl?

• You've got it!

What Girls Said 4

• I think most guys would , party girls a re hot. Also they would be cool with it if it was just a social thing because no one wants to date an alcoholic

• but how do you determine what is just 'social " drinking and what is considered an " alcoholic " what if the girl only drinks at bars but drinks very heavily and often ( meaning more than a couple drinks , like has more than a couple shots and hard drinks like vodka/ whiskey type ) when out at night does that make her more than a social drinker? even if she doesn't drink rest of day

• so you wouldn't consider such a girl a textbook alcoholic if she functions fine without drinking in rest of her normal day but would you say there is a risk of her becoming one down the road if she continues to drink often and has large quanities of alcohol at younger age?

• yeah , most people grow out of it by their 30's and its really hard to tell though

• i like people who drink occassionally like me

• I would prefer someone who drank a moderate amount and didn't party every weekend , ocassionally its ok

• I like guys that don't drink.

What Guys Said 6

• even when I was 20ish, I never wanted a woman who was a drunk or a lush, here is why, She may claim to be yours, but "liquid courage" could lead to other things.

• No. I have done, they don't make good girlfriends. Look for girls elsewhere - of course you're going to meet mostly party girls in clubs.

• I wouldn't date a party girl as they're often closetted alcoholics. Anyone who needs to drink to have fun is a drag. It really narrows the things you can do together. I'm not sure I'd even want to be friends with one.

• I don't think anything is closeted about their alcoholism lol

• I've meet some who I suspected were closet alcoholics but in general most were just average girls looking to have a good time but I do agree if you need alcohol to have fun it limits what you can do together if everything she does involves drinking as a lot of other stuff we could do doesn't involve drinking

• I agree.

• I'd like B and C the most. I don't drink at all so it might be weird trying to date a partier.

• most girls are socially outgoing and like to go out , so most at very least are social drinkers if there like college age girls. I haven't meet many girls that don't drink at all but some must be out there that don't.

• No thanks.. Why would you want to be a baby sitter?

• In my opinion a party girl, is just a one night stand. But for a real relationship since I don't drink at would be B or C.