How can go about meeting my friend's hot guy friend?

A friend of mine is friends with a guy I find very attractive. We all go to the same University, although I never bump into him!
We follow each other on instagram but have never met or talked to each other (although he did like at least 8 of my pics). What would be the perfect and most casual way for me to get close to him? I was thinking that all 3 of us could take a group fitness class together or go to the gym or something, is this a good idea? Is there a better one?

Since I'd like to befriend him first, I don't see why we couldn't just hang out us three. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Fitness could work but I think it would be best to go out to a bar, have some drinks, play some pool. Do an activity that involves team games (pool or beer pong).

What Guys Said 3

• dont befriend him if you want him more. easiest way to put him in the friend zone. you want him, ask him out!

• Could you clarify the whole friend zone thing? I was always under the impression that the girl had control over that.

• girls control sex, not the relationship status

• Ask your guy friend for an introduction.

• I like the gym and fitness idea (: you could also look into hiking trails or something

What Girls Said 2

• Your idea sounds great, this gym group get together... Especially if it is something all three of you have in common. And this will give you a perfect chance to get acquainted with the "perfect stranger" and see if there is any chance you both can get "fit to be tied".
    Good luck. xx

• Find out what he likes and show a shared interest?