Is rejection tougher on girls?

I feel like since girls don't have to deal with it as much (because its usually guys in pursuit) that they don't know how to deal with it as well because it doesn't happen to them as much. Is this true to extent?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, yes, yes!! You are 100% right. I got rejected by someone I really like and I never approach men and the one time I go against my better judgment.. He rejects me and it devastated me for months on end! :(, so yes I'm crushed, my friends say I should get over it and move forward but it's sooo hard.

What Girls Said 4

• I keep hearing from this site that men have to do all the approaching... in my personal life I just have not found this to be true... men have very rarely approached me..

The one and only BF I've ever had... I gave him my number first and suggested we hang out... yeah... I was really afraid of rejection... but I figured if I didn't do it then I'd never be in a relationship... my first one was at 28!

My BF did later reveal to me he was very afraid I would reject him and thought I was with another guy just because I used to talk to him a lot... I felt really frustrated by this... cause I would have loved it if I would have gotten asked out more... I'd love to have a guy pursue me more.

• I think it's true. Woman tend to feel more faster thin a man will. Thus making a woman more easy to hurt.

• Yes I think so too. I don't think I would be able to handle rejection well :P

• True I agree I have a crush on someone but because of my fear of rejection I don't do anything about it. So to some extent I guess women don't really get it.

What Guys Said 2

• everyone fears rejection, but i think in general OP is right, and men do most of the pursuing. i know this isn't always the case, but i would be inclined to say it is most of the time.

• Girls are just more emotional in general, but what you said is also true. There are girls who go their entire lives without ever being turned down.