Thoughts on dating several people at once?

Just to clarify: not when you're dating someone seriously, but casually dating.

Do you think it's okay to go on dates with several people at once? Do you do it? Would you be upset if you found out that your date was doing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it wrong? No. But I couldn't do it.
    And if he was, I'd be intimidated

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's ok so long as you're up front about it.

It's not something I would do and I wouldn't really love it if the girl I was seeing did it, but I also understand that not everyone operates the way I do. I'm just not one to date multiple women at a time.

• I would be upset. If dates other men in addition to me, then that shows that she thinks that I am not good enough to warrant (at least) momentary monogamy. If she thinks that about me, why would she want to date me in the first place?

• I definitely wouldn't like it, and I'd be pissed if I really liked th girl. If she wasn't important to me, I'd just drop her. I'd take it as a sign they weren't interested and/or they weren't relationship material since they're trying to play the field. I don't need or want casual relationships. What's the point?

• I used to do it once but too much going out. So I don't now and no why would I be pissed?

• I would personally have a problem with that. Someone dating several people at once sends a message about how they see themselves relative to the people they date. They sound entitled and self-important and those are traits I do not want in someone I date. I am willing to give my full attention to a women and I feel she owes me the same. If she sees things differently then she is not my type.

• I have no problems dating multiple women at the same, although inevitably I like some more than others. As long as you are single, its fine.

• I would be okay if she was upfront about it because that just means she is deciding who to pick.

But if you didn't tell me about it and you are out making out with other guys then I wouldn't want to date you because communication will be a problem in the relationship

What Girls Said 4

• No, I do not think it's okay to go on dates with several people at once. I suppose if you clarify from the beginning *which most people don't* that you are not exclusively dating that one person and in fact, you are being romantic with several other people, then technically it's "okay" but I still think it's tacky. I would be very upset if I found out someone I was dating was also dating several other girls. I'd feel that he was a player and stop speaking to him immediately.

Romantic connections require a lot of time and energy, for me. I have no interest in devoting excessive time to a meaningless romantic experience with someone. I realize that not everyone you date will be a significant part of your future. However, I have big plans and goals. Dating one person already distracts me from the completion of those goals because I have shifted my daily order to incorporate them into my life. So I can't imagine trying to juggle more than two dating experiences at once. Plus, it just seems kinda sleazy like I nonverbally said "You are basically competing to win me because I'm dating other guys and seeing which one of you I want."

• If your casually dating a bunch of people it's kinda not okay for some people if your going on dates with different people that's fine. If one of them just wants you to be with them then they need to tell you they wanna be exclusive

• No I wouldn't like it. Only bc what if you went out on a date with a guy that you hit it off andthen you started seeing each other more. But then you have the guilt that you were dating other guys when you were dating that guy. Also it ia a lot to keep up on and how can your really foccus on if you like someone if you have other guys clouding your judgement.

• As long as everyone knows you're dating other people, there's not a problem with it. That's what dating is for, after all.

I don't think I personally ever have, though; I'd rather concentrate on one person then move on to the next if it doesn't work out.