Do girls really believe it if a guy says he makes 100k+ or more online?

In a study on okcupid they mentioned that guys reporting they made such money were first contacted by girls a lot. So 2 questions.

If you made a lot of money would you really list your income on your dating profile?

As a girl, would you really believe it if a guy openly said he made that kinda money or would you think he was trying to trick girls into dating him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. Obviously listing it is optional. I wouldn't generally not believe it. What's the point of lying? It's going to come out anyways sooner or later?
    I'd ask at some point, what he works as or what he studied, so I'd expect reasonable answers

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah. I used to know this one guy who lived in a 6 million dollar mansion (I did a google search of his name, address and house) and - he also went to a private school with his 3 brothers and sisters that cost $22 000 per person per year for high school. I fell in love with him before he was rich and when things didn't work out with his girl - he thought about giving me a chance. I'm thinking of trying with him again - not sure yet. He's only 31 years old right now.

• I wouldn't believe it unless there was proof. Anyone can say they're rich and successful online. I'd also feel that him writing his earnings on his profile is making up for something his personality is missing. I'm not a gold digger either so I wouldn't care anyway.

• The kind of girls who look at a guy's income to decide if they want to date him aren't usually the brightest. They're the ones who can't support themselves and need someone to take care of them financially.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends upon your market. In general the answer would be "no".

Take 100k and remove the taxes out in general you are only talking 65-70K then take rent out and you may only have 25k for spending.

If you made 6 figures, you might because in some areas it is the minimum income needed to do ok. Washington DC, LA, Miami, New York, just to name a few high dollar locations. When an apartment cost $2500 - 4000 a month it is nice to know that one can have a middle class lifestyle.

• I doubt I'd put my salary but you can guess a lot from many jobs.

I usually go anon if I mentioned mine here.

• I put that I make $100 million billion a year in my okcupid profile.