Do guys have a natural instinct to be affectionate?

I find that my boyfriend doesn't really know how to show affection properly is that always going to be an issue?

What I mean by that is he only shows me physical affection, never emotional. Never calls me beautiful, never satisfies those needs for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer to this question is "Yes" but social norms dictate that male affection should be different from female affection therefore male and female affection often goes missed because males are being male towards females and females are being female towards males.

What Guys Said 3

• yes, affection is taught and he may think it is only good to get sex. buy a dog to replace him.

• well physical affection is his way of telling you he finds you attractive/beautiful

• but you need a mixture of physical and emotional right?

• ya actual communication is good to, maybe try hinting to him about how you look. try on a new dress or something and see if he says anything

• Properly? I didn't know there was a "proper" way to show affection.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it varies from guy to guy... and also from girl to girl.

I've had several bf's who enjoy cudding, hugging, kissing, soft touches, etc. Of course, they usually get aroused during these acts and expect sex afterwards, but it doesn't mean they don't enjoy them.

• I'm talking more along the lines of verbally like no good morning texts no compliments no nothing like that...