What do you think of Indian men? *no racist comments, please*

I'm a White girl and have been smitten by an Indian guy in college. Just in general speak, how do you feel about Indian men and their cultural attributes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I'm not attracted to hairy guys and most Indian men I have met are very hairy, so I haven't been attracted to the Indian men I have met so far. I find the culture interesting, yet confusing. One of my brother's best friend's parents are first generation immigrants from India and visiting their home was strange. We had a delicious and elaborate Indian meal (that she woke up at 4am to begin preparing for lunch) and then they gave us a tour of the house where the parents showed off everything in the house that the husband had bought for the wife (including an extensive tour of her closet and all the very expensive traditional saris that she owned.) If an American family had done this, it would have come across as bragging and would have been very strange and borderline rude ("look at everything we have! look look look!"), but according to my brother's friend, this is normal for them and it's just how his father honors his mother. I'm not comfortable with that aspect of Indian culture (or at least that aspect in this particular family), so if it was me, adjusting and abiding by Indian cultural traditions would be very hard for me and a huge adjustment.

Also, I would NEVER feel comfortable visiting India. With the number of gang rapes that occur there against tourists and native Indians, I would be suspicious and defensive with every man I met.

What Guys Said 3

• Woah hang on, this is a trick question. If anyone says anything they dont like, then you will regard it as racist. So they can only say the positives or you will accuse them for speaking their mind.

• Dont like how they look down on woman, if im in the car with my mom, they come over to my side to ask how much gas we want. At first i just though he was being nice and telling me like "your a young man" you know, but later found out from my health teacher at school what it meant

• Indian as in Native American ? Or Indian as in owns gas stations?

What Girls Said 6

• I've met loads of indian guys in class, worked projects with them and so on... Most of them are nice enough. The same by the way goes for middle eastern guys, you would expect some kind of sexist comments at some point, but nothing.
    It is however a different culture. I think if he's been here for a while he probably adapted to most things, but consider all things. Do you want to get serious with him? Are there any typically indian tradtitions that would bother you? Ask him about them. Does want to go back to his home country after college? How do his parents feel about him being with an American girl? If negativley, are you both willing to stand up to them?

• Some of them are nice and very cute but most of the Indian guys I've encountered on the internet are perverts.

• I'm sure you have done this already but i'll say... this is something that you should reflect on for yourself. How do you feel about inter-racial interactions? Would this bother you? Don't be swaddled by others opinions. Most importantly though is how do you think your close friends and relatives feel about it, as those are the most important people in your life and will support you in what ever choice you make.

• I have a stoner Indian friend and he is the bomb

• Well there is a difference between an Indian who's lived in USA for a long time and those who just in the country for work and studies. They are generally very 'emotional' and traditional. I've had more neg. Experiences as usual. They can be sexist and all excited when they're around white and Asian girls. Two friends have said negative stuff about not cleaning up after themselves and they want their women to treat them like gods.

• Personally I'm not attracted to them but that's just me