What drinks can you put a ring in?

Prom season is back, and my promposal this year is a take on the traditional ring-in-the-drink proposal. I'm getting a ring engraved asking her to prom, probably gold plated or sterling silver with diamond accents. I say all this because I need to know what drinks I can put it in without it staining. I want it to be well hidden too. She drinks coffee so that was my first thought, or tea. What doesn't stain a ring?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hot damn. I didn't know a "traditional ring-in-the-drink" thing even existed. I'm not ballin' I guess lol.

I guess maybe wherever you get the ring you could ask the salesman those questions…they would likely know the best material to get so it doesn't stain.

What Girls Said 2

• Seems sweet. Coffee may be too dark, I don't think it will stain the ring but you don't want her to choke on the ring because she can't see it at all. Maybe you should pick a drink that's a bit lighter, you want her to get the ring, not die on it on accident. Maybe I'm thinking of the worst possible scenario but you know... no one wants to choke on a ring

• I'm not sure that's a great idea... I've never understood hiding things in drinks where people could choke on them.

Also, that's a bit too expensive for prom! I'd just ask her.

What Guys Said 4

• I've never heard of giving a girl a ring to ask her to prom. That seems excessive. I don't think that limited amount of time the ring is in contact with coffee would stain it.

• Damn, a ring just to ask someone to prom? Holy hell.

• Put it in something semi-clear so she doesn't accidentally gulp the ring and choke on it.

• I agree it would be excessive. I've been dating her for a year and a half though. She's a ring girl, loves rings, and I've never gotten her one after all this time. Also, even though I'm in high school I have a good job and I can't think of a better way to spend my money than on her.

• Don't drop too much coin on it. Sterling silver is a wonderful precious metal to give while in high school.

• You must live in the 90210

• Not really a wise idea. Bit much to use when asking a girl to the prom in my opinion.