Too shy or just not interested?

Hi everyone!

So there's this guy I really like. I've never actually talked to him, but I know a lot about him as he is the son of my parents' best friends. We first met a couple of weeks ago at a little concert he was giving. I didn't really had the chance to talk to him in person, but the next morning he added me on Facebook . I was super happy, but sadly he doesn't talk to me. I tried to start a conversation, and he was polite and everything but it just didn't turn out into a real conversation. I'm a very shy person myself so it's pretty hard for me to just chat with him. This sucks because he really seems like a nice guy and I really want to get to know him. I don't have much opportunity to see him in person either as he studies abroad, so Facebook is sort of the only option to communicate with him.

So guys, what do I do about this?

I've also thought about asking him out as he'll be in the country in a couple of weeks, but I don't know if that's a good idea if we've never actually talked

What Guys Said 1

• hm, i think you should just forget about him since it looks like you'll rarely be seeing him in person. I'd rather have a physical woman in front of me instead of one behind a screen miles away

• He'll be back in September, so distance shouldn't be a problem

• Oh in that case, just ask him out then. I mean if the guy's not going to take the initiative, someone has to right?

What Girls Said 0