Can I come back from this? Did I screw up?

I met this guy online almost 2 months ago. I have seen him quite a few times.
I got a little insecure yesterday after speaking with a friend & asked him one of the questions we are not supposed to ask. I asked him how many women he was seeing. The replies I got were "WTF" "How many are you?" I either offended him or pissed him off.
Is there anyway to come back from this?

He did end up saying that he wasn't seeing anyone else

Most Helpful Girl

• It must have sounded really random to him, like you were assuming he was a player - he very well could be but you could have been more subtle in asking. Just apologise and he's very likely to forgive you

• Thank you. That could be what happened. He very well could be but my gut doesn't tell me that. I regretted it from the moment I sent it. I should follow what my gut tells me. There had been nothing that indicated that he was seeing other people at all

What Guys Said 4

• You can come back from that. He probably just misinterpreted what you were asking. Just apologize and explain yourself. Though I would not really pursue the answer to that question. It's kind of pointless unless he says just you.

If he said 100 more or even 1 more does knowing your in competition with someone else going to make you change the way you are around him? Probably best to keep your course and if you two work the other women if any will just fall by the wayside.

• His interpetation of the question sounds like he thinks you are comparing how many girls he is seeing to how many guys you are seeing. I would not appoligise, just explain why you asked.

• Really?

• So I should tell him I was influenced by a friend & was feeling insecure?

• Just apologize and try. If he's that touchy maybe he's not a very decent guy.

• Lol. People who do online dating aren't players.

• Really? I don't think all are but there have been plenty of married men or ones in relationships that have approached. That is so wrong- for me

What Girls Said 3

• Being you know him from online two months ago, and Have Seen him "quite a few times," it seems very strange that you can't even ask him a simple question without him being rude and crude. There was no reason for his behavior, and being it Is online, you Do have a right to ask. It's only natural for Anyone to ask questions.
    He sounds a bit super thin skinned and childish, and if you have to walk on eggs every time you want to inquire about something, this is telling me you are better off finding someone else More wrapped in a package, who won't break in half with every "move you make on him."xx

• He sounds really touchy... Or like there may be something to hide. Just apologize for coming off the wrong way and bring up something else to prompt new conversation.

• He is being defensive.