Online dating profile views? What gives?

This is for women only, I've been on online dating for awhile and I don't know why I haven't gotten one profile view? Is this normal?

It's weird I asked the women to comment and not one has. How ironic the same as my dating profile

Most Helpful Girl

• My gosh your really self-conscious! I'm going to tell u a story because there's nothing else I can say! My father is overweight..much more than you as you commented below and he found my mother and she loves him with all her heart and my mother is a gorgeous slim person. And out of the two my mother thinks that he's going to cheat on her. Also I have a married friend also overweight and found a wife that loves him and he's not the most handsome man in the universe but one thing they both have is confidence. So what you have bad relationships doesn't everyone. And honestly if that's what you think of yourself do something about it. I was unhappy the way I looked and overweight! So I picked a sport and I ran and didn't stop but only because I didn't like myself the way I was. I'm not calling you unattractive or attractive because it's more than looks for me but your not getting anywhere with that behavior. And if your just going to argue back with me like the other women on this I'm not going to answer.

• First I'm way more overweight than you and I have a handicap

• Not without pain and with a severe limp

• One of my closest guy friends, an army friend in Afghanistan lost his legs and found a nice wife. I got a lot of friends with a lot of problems but there happy because they didn't let one thing stop them from being happy

What Girls Said 7

• It's probably because they see your profile picture and are not interested. Try working out and losing weight to improve your image. On a dating site, unfortunately, a lot of judgment is passed based on images alone

• What's wrong with my weight?

• What's wrong with being heavy. Women on here said i was attractive

• Well alright then

• What's your picture on there? Sometimes if it's not a good one, it's not motivation enough to click on the profile.

• The same one I use on this site

• Whatever. I'm just trying to help you and you're being difficult. Good luck. :)

• So I should pretend that I'm confident and act like I'm good looking?

• I would also recommend a different picture. It isn't hard to take an in focus picture. You could be doing something in it or smiling in it or something. Something fun! Make it something where people will look at it and find it interesting/cool maybe. And initiate a lot of conversations, you can't just sit and wait, you should talk to a lot of people that you find interesting.

• I don't have friends so how would I do that? And I am smiling

• Because one random internet person's opinion of you is super accurate all the time

• No there are more girls on gag saying the same thing

• Well women don't generally messagee first, but you should get some views. Do you have good pictures? I'd say that may be the single most important thing online

• I have a male friend that does online dating and he says women hardly ever send messages. They tend to wait for guys to contact them. As far as women looking at guys profiles, I have no idea.

• I do message them. I send them well written messages but they don't respond

• No one will hear me complain about this anymore cuz I give up looking for a girl. . It's a lost cause

• @bubbiexo what help and advice all u told me was to lose weight instead of saying be happy how you are and accept yourself

• It's normal. You need a better profile picture !

What Guys Said 7

• They say for best results for a women to actually view your profile its good to have a picture of you outside doing something because something about a guy being out and about attracts a women. So try to change to the picture of you outside and send messages, if its a free dating site almost no girls will reply because half the accounts are inactive or made up, what you get with free sites. So don't let it bring you down or hurt your self esteem. Best thing though I recommend is take the risk in real life and talk to women, it shows a lot more interest anyd meaning to a girl then the hundreds of messages they get on these dating sites, which women normally get actually. Real life, they don't get approached near that many because it takes courage and they'll respect you for that! Hope this helps!

• +10 great advice =]

• I wouldn't mind actually if she loved me for who I was. If sexy is what you are looking to be you can work at it. Women are a lot of the time attracted to fit and athletic men and is what they find sexy. Same with males, a lot of males like fit girls so there isn't really a double standard there and you have the power to change that if it makes you feel better about yourself. It requires hard work and dedication but if it helps you build yourself up and makes you feel better, it would be worth it.

• I like thicker curvy women. I'm not into toned chick's. . Everyone assumes I'm into thin chick's cuz I'm fat. a lot of people don't realize I used to be thin

• As someone who used to use online dating, yes it's normal. If you find it odd, create a fake girl account for yourself and see what sort of business it gets. Typically you'll get dozens if not hundreds of messages a day. The ones that interest you, you might go and look at their profile before considering a response.

If you haven't sent out hundreds of messages, it's unlikely anyone is going to view your profile. And even then, it's a numbers game.

• Women typically have messages in their inbox so they have no reason to browse profiles because they already have guys interested in them.

• I once asked a female friend of mine if I could borrow a picture off her Facebook and put it on an online dating site. Just to get a feel of what women out up with out there. Used a different city so no one she knew would notice her.

She is a fairly good looking woman. Not a 10 mind you but has solid looks.

Literally received dozens of messages a day. Hundreds in a week. So speaking in all reality getting a response from a woman on an online dating sites require two things:

1. The stars align and you just so happen to be a recent message when she logs on.

2. Have something unique and engaging in your message and profile. All those msgs really looked the same. Can't blame women for ignoring them. No one has that much time on their hands.

• That's the thing I put a lot of thoughts in my messages

• Don't you think that's kind of private to share

• Not really considering it's a message sent to a complete stranger that didn't even reply. No different than strangers overhearing as a guy tried to hit on a girl at a bar.

• as humans, we're drawn to the hottest people because we want our offspring to be equally attractive. survival of the fittest typically comes down to how attractive you are (not always, but it usually is). problem is, if a 5 is going for a 9 (10's don't exist) (nor do 1's) then the 9 is going to look at the 5 and wonder why they would even be in their league. Solution? go for the one you think you could get, not the one you want. Why? the ones you want, become jealous of the attention they're now not getting from you. Bad idea to play the jealousy game? Maybe so but it works...try it and see what happens. i don't really recommend trying this online though, it doesn't work because they can't see what you're doing. go out and meet people.

• also, i don't really recommend the jealousy game at all, but many still do it because they like to play games. the older you are, the more pathetic it becomes though. if you like someone, ask them out, or tell them you do. it's not that hard

• When I was on those sites, I avoided people whose profile pic didn't stick out to me. Even if they looked at mine, or contacted me, if I didn't think I was attracted to them, I wouldn't really pay much attention to their profile.

• Do you think I'm unattractive? Be honest

• I'm not going to date you, and everyone has their own standards of what they want. There are people I know who I do not find attractive that get dates, some through online dating. But try to post a picture that says something about you, like you're happy, you like to do such and such activity, etc.

• Um I am happy. . I'm smiling in my picture

• They may be waiting for your approach. Just trying to help.