Do guys take a girl brushing them off or not saying much as rejection?

So my girlfriend told me she noticed that I would always just respond with one word answers when guys ask me something and not really say much. Apparently I also kind of ignore them when they say something random about something like "that's kind of cool" and I'll be like "yeah" or not say anything at all or just nod. I don't think that's really rejecting them but I'm not sure. I don't say much cause I don't really know the guy well like we aren't friends and cause I'm naturally shy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think they'd take it so much as rejection, per se, but just as a strong indicator that whatever connection they are trying to make you're just not interested in. When a guy is trying to get a verbal exchange going with a girl, and the girl is just replying with a nod, or a one-word answer, he's going to pick up on that.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know about full on rejection. I'd take it as a lack of acknowledgement and interest though. It's not a way to act if you want the opportunity the get to know them better.

• I'm in the same position. I write paragraph and the chances are slim to getting a detail text back. I'm even sometimes having to one word text girls.

I don't even take texting seriously thou. If they are willing to go on a date with me and actually have a good time then what does it matter how much they text.

Plus I find that people are legit either busy or too tired to text long stuff. So when I do get a one word text I leave them alone till they text me back.

• its regarded as a polite 'please shut the fuck up and take your blabbering ass away'.

What Girls Said 1

• To them it will sound like your bored or that your brushing them off, they're trying to make conversation but answering with one word leads to nowhere, which will make them think that you just wanna leave the conversation or something like that