How to word this text to this girl?

So, I asked this girl for her number today and she said yes. The first time I meet her we talked for I would say 30 or so minutes. Since then the few times I have seen her she has been busy so we could not really talk, so I finally just decide to ask for her number so I can contact her and I want to date her. How should I word the text though? Should I use the word date at all or would that be too forward?

So finally texted back after a hour saying she is busy tomorrow and on the weekends with work and volunteering, now what?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Hey, it's ______. I'd like to get to know you better [could potentially put a smiley face over here]. Are you free this weekend? Maybe we can hang out"

• @Update: Hmmmm... That's not a positive sign... would have been nice if she said and then followed up with a day/time that she is free. I think there's two options here, try again for a specific time (i.e. Are you free this Wednesday at x'o clock) or you ask for more details about her work/volunteering (i.e. That's pretty cool, what kind of volunteering do you do?) Her responses to either of these questions will let you know where you stand. She could be politely saying no to you right now OR she genuinely has no time this weekend...

• Thanks =]

What Girls Said 9

• hmm..

i reckon u should say something like,
    hey, i hope ur well. it was awesome meeting u, and i thought it'd b cool if we could hang out sometime. i hope you can get back to me on when you're free:)
    take care

dont use the word date… it might freak her out or come off as suggestive. keep it casual:) hope that gives u an idea

• Depends on how well you know the girl and what you are looking for out of the relationship. If you don't know her all that well, then I think using the word ''date'' is probably a little to forward and might intimidate her. If you know her pretty well, then the word wouldn't intimidate her that much.
    Personally I think people should start as friends before taking it further. You should get to know a person and then decide if you want to be together. I think a lot of people today just get into a relationship for the sake of having one and later on figure out that they can't actually see a future with that person.
    So basically, if you've known her for a while, then use the word date. But if you met her a short while ago, maybe trying using a more subtle word.
    Hope that helps!

• Do you want to be blatant about asking her out?
    Blatant--> Hey [name goes here], so I think you are a pretty cool girl and was wondering when you are free? I was thinking it would be nice to take you to [dinner or whatever you had in mind].

Not Blatant--> Depends on what exactly you want to do. If you want to see a movie, then I would ask if there were any good movies out there that she wanted to see. She says yeahh "Divergent" is a really good movie I wanna see...then say wow I really wanna see that as well. We should go together if you are free sometime.

• Hey! It was nice talking to you the other day, so I was wondering if you're free on Friday afternoon? As I wouldn't mind continuing the conversation.

That way you are showing interest, but not being too forward, and not using the word "date", you are simply implying that you enjoy her company. But you are still showing interest.
    All the best :)

• Then walk away and give her space. She has your number and when she wants to hang out she will text you. Until then just go about your days and do what makes you happy. If she can't make time for you then why waste your time at all!!

• Make your intentions of grabbing a date clear to her, and if she's interested she will definitely reach out to you and make plans.

• Just ask her if she would like to go out with you when she got time, or ask her to call you when she got time...

• Just simply ask her "when you're not busy, would you like to go out sometime?"

• "Me, You this weekend haning out? Sounds like some nice plan to me ;)"

This is how my boyfriend asked me on our first date :)

What Guys Said 2

• I would just call her and leave a message, I don't like texting to much when I'm serious about a girl.

• You don't have to word it like you're an attorney giving a closing argument. Just say hey I'm going to go...whatever and ask if she wants to come with you.

• Wouldn't it be better to ask her when she's available? Because if she isn't free at the time of that event or whatever, then it's pointless lol

• Yes good point but that doesn't mean he couldn't ask her to something else.