Do men think much of a girl's meal order?

I remember going on a date with this guy I met online. We went to this café restaurant and I think he ordered pad thai and I ordered these mini two-bite hamburgers with a side of fries and a pint of pale ale. He looked slightly surprised when that was my choice of meal. We had a wonderful date and conversation was almost effortless and not one person had to rely on another for ice breakers.
After the date was over, he confessed he was surprised that I ordered the burgers instead of a kale salad or something along the lines of that. At first I was kind of self-conscious ordering it but I was relieved when he told me that. He said that it annoyed him when girls would order a salad or sometimes nothing at all to impress him and that a girl who was comfortable with eating whatever she pleased and still looked hot eating it was really sexy and attractive to him.
I know a lot of girls who feel REALLY self-conscious about eating in front of men because they don't want to come off as a "pig". I guess I can kind of vouch for them too.
I had nothing to eat before the date so I didn't really do it on purpose but I was surprised to hear that. I seriously would have gone for the salad, that's the funny part. What do men think of a girl's meal order on a date? Do you judge?

Though I still think it takes skill for a girl to eat a hamburger and still look sexy. Kate Upton clears it pretty nicely.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I don't judge. I'd much rather have her order a burger or something she likes and polish it off as opposed to ordering a small salad and just picking at it (not that there's anything wrong with ordering a salad).

What Guys Said 7

• Doesn't bother me whatsoever, i've dated a girl with an eating disorder so i've seen far greater extremes.

• Not too much, unless it's something that would leave a mouse still hungry or so bizarre like bugs or to the like. For me, a woman just willing to eat a burger is enough to be sexy. I know some girls don't like eating stuff like that for fear of gaining weight.

• Well, only when I was paying for it...

Seriously though, what a woman ordered was the last thing on my mind.

• We don't think about it even a little bit.

• personally I dont, if she's hungry she would eat, last person I went out with she had chicken wings, fries, and ice cream. So its all the hunger of the person.

• I don't think anything of it.

• I wouldn't judge my dates choice. I would want her to choose whatever she pleased. We could both share a meal if she wanted and I wouldn't say anything.

What Girls Said 3

• All guys are saying they wouldn't think anything of it, but that's not my experience...
    I'm not a super fat girl, but I did notice I was treated quite differently when I got thinner (due to sickness). Everyone was happy seeing me eating and tried to stuff me, and I even was told a couple of times by guys "you're not fat, you can eat more!".

So while I'm sure no one thinks much of a thin/ hot girl eating an hamburger with fries, it will be quite different if she's fuller and ordering a salad "yeah, right, like that is what she usually eats".
    Even if people don't say it, chances are they thought it.

• They don't really care unless you order the most expensive thing on the menu

• I like this question. This is interesting haha