Guys, have you ever wanted to be with a woman who was way more financially stable than you?

If you have found out a woman makes way better money than you and is financially stable compared to you, have you ever found yourself wanting to be with her more?
I wonder if my male friend whom has had feelings for me is hoping if he got with me I'd be a fixer to his financial situation... Just wondering if guys ever think like this. I don't think I will pursue a relationship with him, I'm getting a vibe..

Most Helpful Guy

• there are this kind of guys that profit on their relationship to get easy money.
    With me... i'd be happy to know she has them. if i had a job that pays above average, i wouldn't feel pressured to earn ridiculous amounts of money in order to cover for both of our expenses. I'd pay this time, she'll maybe buy something next time... so it would be like a 50-50 relationship. Plus i'm not that much of a big spender on clothes and useless bling and Technology, so we would be great.

It would be worse if i was completely broke, no job and she had tons of money. I wouldn't feel ok and comfortable knowing i'm living off her back and i'd be stressed out and probably refuse to go places with her, go out, bc i wouldn't want her to pay it for me. Been in this situation. it was hard to make her understand how i felt. For her it was more like "men ego" which it wasn't. Just that i knew the money weren't mine.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't say it's what i'd look for or something which would make me want a person more... in saying that it's definitely not a bad thing. I like the fact she's got her 'shit together' so to speak, more than the idea of her pulling me out of financial jams.

• I figure most guys want to be more financially stable than their girlfriend/wife out of pride from traditions. Though it's becoming less true today, it's a little shameful for a man not to be the breadwinner in our culture.

Of course I think a lot of people can get over this, I've got a lot more education with a higher income than my girlfriend but I know her mother is a lot more educated with a higher income than her husband.

• A girls financial position is the last thing ill take into account. Has he ever asked you to pay for him or expects him to pay for him? Has he asked you to lend him money or constantly barrow your car? There's dudes like that out there. Really easy to spot to. Do you feel he constantly needs to project an image of being wealthy when he really isn't?

• Some guys have issues with it because they want to be the "bread winner". However, I do not know any of them. I have no issue, as a matter of fact I would love to have her make the cash. I know I don't...

• No, if i see a wealthy girl at my age (19) i assume spoiled brat because her job didn't pay for that Porsche. If i was older and we were in our careers though it wouldn't make me want to be with her more because i wouldn't want her to buy me stuff. Im fine with her making more than me as long as he doesn't spend it on me if that makes sense?

• For a long time I wasn't financially stable at all, and being financially stable never put me off a girl.

• Nope, I love Sugah Mammas. They're sweet :)

• Money isn't ever an issue for me. I am not going to be any less of a man if my wife or partner makes more than me.

What Girls Said 2

• my boyfriend is unemployed and by default i'm way more financially stable than him. he tells me he feels emasculated sometimes when i do nice things for us or buy him gifts for holidays that he can't reciprocate the value of. but he's also a moocher sometimes. he just got comfortable with me paying. which is super annoying for me.

• My bf makes a decent living but every girl he's been with, including me, makes more then he does

A lot more