How to get a gf when very shy?

I haven't had a gf in a year and I really miss everything about it, the thing is my ex I found on online dating but I'm so done with online dating. I want to meet women in person but I'm very shy.. what can I do? Thank you?

Don't understand why the women on here don't want to help me with this. ? They'd rather help other guys

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think being shy should stop you getting a girlfriend - girls are different some like outgoing guys, funny, shy, quite etc. some might find you harder to approach, where as some might finder cute and attractive and don't give up on online dating even if you don't put your all into it, the more you use it and talk to different girls it will help with talking to them in person and make you come out your shell. Remember girls are shy too! And just be yourself the girl of your dreams is out there :) hope this helps.

• Thanks. . Problem is I'm 35 and I don't have a lot of time left. I refuse to date in my 50s. . I've had very bad experiences with online dating. . I'm so ugly women don't even view my profile

• I'm sorry to say that a lot of women do care about looks I'm 20 and I understand what it's like to be judge on things. However I like to think women's get more chilled and 'nicer' as they get older. And I'm sure single women your age would love to settle down with a genuine guy. All I can say is be yourself, start to like yourself and not call yourself ugly if you want women to like you, you have to like your self first

• Thanks but it's over for me. . You're right about looks being important

What Girls Said 6

• You're identical to me. I met my ex online. And I never want to do online again! When I meet a guy I might like, I get nervous, and my brain seems to stop working, I become very socially awkward, No sense of humour, and shy.When I'm completely the opposite around girls. It is very limiting, and many people just don't seem to understand.
    But the best option is to try and get to know girls in smaller quieter settings.

• I don't think I should talk to girls. .they'd judge me on my looks and feel I have nothing to offer

• Cuz majority of divorcees don't want to marry again. They just want to live together

• That is a gross generalisation. All of the divorcees I know have since re-married.

• You're going to have to work through your shyness even if it seems hard

• The thing is around guys I'm fine and vert talkative but around women I'm terrified

• you have to find girls who like shy boys. many do!

• I'm at the library and every time this girl comes near my I run away. And she looks at me and I just bow my head down

• yes i do if he falls into the range of ”my type”

• Some guy on this site told me I was an ugly loser who'll be alone forever. . I don't even know the guy

• Hone in on your personality and let it shine love

• If you're too shy to approach, start with small smiles and try to go from there.

• I tried that today at subway and girls would just avoid eye contact

• No it was a genuine smile just like I'd smile at anyone else

• Well she probably took it the wrong way.

• Message me.

What Guys Said 10

• Dude, you're in your 30's, time to grow a pair. Just start small and gradually expand your level of confidence. I have a super simple routine if you want, it's stress free and works almost every time. It's fresh and original (no one else has ever used it, except me). I'll share it with you if you pm me. I don't need it any more because I'm way more direct and bold these days.

• This should do it.

www.amazon.ca/.../ref=sr_1_1

• This is awesome. . I'll see if they have it at the library. . Kind of embarrassed to check it out. Thanks

• If you go to her site on the main page there is a spot where you can sign up for a free e-book. I got one a few months back. I sent a copy to a few women I know. Married and single. I asked them what they thought of it. Every one of them said the tips were great and would for sure work.
      And after you get the e-book just unsubscribe from further e-mails if you don't want them.

• Thanks again man. . I'm definitely getting it.. have a great weekend

• was in the same boat as you, but I just occupy myself with constantly working. Get yourself out there. Maybe when your on your lunch break you see someone where you get your lunch, or since its warming up outside, walk in the park, strike up a conversation. I been in your shoes, its not pretty. But you gotta get back out there.

• So I just go up to a complete stranger. . Won't she think I'm weird?

• I'm guessing you're thin and not fat and ugly like me

• Shyness is a weakness, just remember, "dont be a potato"

• dude grow a nut sack and do it it seems to me if you would quit feeling sorry for yourself and speak to a girl u might get lucky if your desperate talk to a girl who is also fat and ugly at least then u won't be alone but one things for sure a lot of people on here have gave you advice and your mind hasn't really been changed so clearly you need to stop asking people for there opinions and experience it for you self

• Work on shyness in general. You're a social creature and can't survive without social interaction. Remember that its a tremendous undertaking and that it will change almost every aspect of your life.

• I'm very social and outgoing I'm just terrified of women I'm into

• They judge me on my looks initially. .

• I think the perfect way to work on your people skills is to imagine youself in the worst possible scenario concerning your looks.

If you can bond to people as a disgusting looking human being then you know you've truly managed. Everything else is just extra padding that comes with the package.

• There are books that show you how to have "game".

My personal advice, it's important to have goals. Make it a point to hit on say, two, attractive girls a week. Slowly increase the number until you're spitting game at every chick you see.

• I'm at the library now. Any book recommendations

• @janson thanks dude I'll try that.. there's this girl at the library and she's checking the aisles like me and when she comes near I run away

• @celludite when u say friend you you mean follow?

• Gotta just go for it with confidence "you hesitate, you masturbate" is the saying i think haha

• Not that simple. I wish it was

• Oh sorry bud, whats the setting that you usually go for girls in? Id say go to a club that way you can have some liquid courage before your approach but most of those girls arnt interested in a bf more of a one night stand

• Club scene is over for me since I don't drink

• You're over 30 and still shy? Lame just so so lame. Be comfortable with you are as a person. Force yourself to enjoy being around people. It may be that you are a hopeless introvert.

• Shy doesn't make you lame.. mean and rude makes one lame. . Shy is just my personality

• Women aren't the ones that decide, you are. In out society most of the time the man is expected to make the first move so you're the one choosing her. You just have to give yourself more value so you know what you have to offer her.

• don't put the pussy on the pedestal dude. that's not what they want. yes, its ok to tell them they're pretty and all that but you don't want to treat them as if you have no balls at all. if you like a girl, go up to her and say hi. that's all it takes. forget about what they'll think about you. you have to learn to take the first step

• Work on overcoming shyness. It's one hell of a handicap for guys.

• I know it is but how do I go about doing that?

• Take some initiative and stop asking people on GaG to hold your hand through absolutely everything.

• Um excuse me this is a site where people can ask questions for help. If you have nothing nice to say go on a different thread