Why does my boyfriend hurt my feelings when I start to yell and get mad at him?

When I overreact and get mad, I start to yell. When this happens, my boyfriend then starts to say things that intentionally hurt my feelings. He has mentioned that he says things that he doesn't mean when he is upset, but why does he say these things? I know he loves me, and I know he knows he is hurting my feelings. He has no reaction when I cry, he seems to have no feelings when he is being yelled at. This hurts my feelings so much, even though I know its just his way of getting upset. It still hurts my feelings and I don't know how to handle it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If some1 hurts your feelings - puts you down or anything of that nature on purpose, then that person does not love the person they are hurting.

You say that you overreact - how do you know? Does he always tell you that - trying to belittle your feelings?

What Guys Said 2

• No one likes to be yelled at. Your madness and overreactions might include things that offend him, but you just don't realise it.

Yelling at him might also trigger nasty/defensive responses.

• It sounds like an abusive relationship, and you may want to seek professional counsel.

What Girls Said 1

• your both at fault, calm down and talk about it no yelling no cursing etc. ask him why he does that, if its a defence mechanism, why you feel the need to over react if you even are.