Got a co-worker's number who i genuinely like. I'm waiting to text her, is that okay?

There is a new girl at work, and she's probably the most naturally beautiful girl, inside and out, that i've seen in a while. She's introverted like me, and we share many similarities in common, and I playfully tease her at work. After working with her for the second time, I had to get her number (I've never truly desired to get a girl's number at work, and it's rare for a girl to make me feel that way). I work again with her tomorrow, so i plan on waiting two days to text her. Will this make her think about me and wonder when i'll text? Is it a good strategy to wait a few days before texting? Both guys and girls, your opinions?

Sooo... she didn't show up for work on Saturday because she was getting wipers on her car (it was raining) and she was fired. I texted her that night and i told her it's urgent to talk, and she said she will be with her boyfriend -_-
She was flirting with guys at work too (including me) and didn't tell anyone. She was being real selfish and bitchy during texting. Not who i thought she was i guess. Appeared innocent but inside she hid a different person i guess. Oh well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, wait a little, the anticipation will make her appreciate the message more when she recieves it. Plus you don't want to appear as too intense (the biggest turn off for girls). But you're not leaving her in suspence either. It sounds like you know what to do :)

• Thanks! Do you think she's wondering when I will text her? Do girls normally think that when they give their number out?

• Oh so you're already kissing and cuddling? It sounds perfect :)

• Yep! :) It was nice. Her kisses are perfect.

What Girls Said 9

• There really is no strategy when texting a guy/girl. I mean don't be obsessive but don't over think it. I always go with my gut feeling, and if it feels wrong at the time then don't do it yet. Do what feels natural for you. Hope this helped. :)

• Wait a little. You've got this. Don't seem over keen, play it cool my friend. Good luck!

• Personally, I don't think that you should wait it out. The happiness that will take over her body when you actually text her (if she likes you that is) will not only give you the upper hand in some sort, but it'll also strengthen your bond. When a guy I like texts me for the first time, it makes me happy! I don't think ''does this mean he likes me, does it not?'', I just feel happy that he did and that he thought of me. So if you want to put a smile on her face, text her ''Hey :)'' . Besides, why wait?

• I personally DON'T find it a good idea to wait very long to text because while it may cause her to think about you texting her, it's in a negative way. She's going to get the impression that you don't actually like her if you don't text her. She's going to feel as if you are just getting her number in case you ever need it, not because you want it to talk to her on a regular basis. Waiting isn't really the best idea.

• Definitely wait. You also might want to being very casual and keepig this on the DL. Most employers don't approve of office relationships.

• Our place really doesn't mind. And it's not a super professional place, just a restaurant.

• Its suuuch a bad strategy... Waiting a day fine...but nooo..do not play the hard to get game cuz she'll be thinking all kinds of thoughts...why won't he text me...text me now...does he even like me...does he have other girls... Etc... Stuff like this weighs heavy on a girls thoughts

• Games are silly! If you want to text her text her now, you don't need to wait. :)

• text her now what are you waiting for that's a bad idea.

• Why wouldn't you just text her now? It's silly to wait, it makes no sense! If you aren't ready to text her then you shouldn't have asked for her number

What Guys Said 6

• Screw the mind games. They're dumb. If you like her, text her when you want to text her. If she likes you too, then she'll appreciate you texting. If she doesn't or thinks you're being too eager, then she's not worth your time.

• you like a girl, text her. if she doesn't reply or is short with you, she's not interested (or just really busy). dont play mind games

• Don't text immediately it will make you seem desperate

• Step 1: Take your Phone.
    Step 2: Call her.
    Step 3: Set a date, make sure your convo most 5 mins long.
    Step 4: See What Happens.
    Texting is stupid, just invite her out and see what happens.

• In terms of when you feel like sending a text. Send it whenever you feel like sending it. It's not 1985, waiting makes you seem like you're playing games.

Texting early doesn't make you seem desperate, that's ridiculous.

• um.. yes. you got the girls #, you like her. what you waiting for