Are there any nicknames that you hate to be called?

Personally I hate being called "babe" by a significant other. I think it's over used and unoriginal. Not judging people who call their significant other babe, it's just not for me. It just makes me feel weird. I am not your "babe" I am no ones "babe" I would just rather be called by my name.

Do you have anything that you hate to be called?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally don't mind being called honey/sweetie/baby nor babe. But i see what you mean with it sounding over sexualized. I think the only one that really bothers me is being called Hun. Coming from another girl or someone older i feel as though i am being patronized in a way. It just sounds harsh to my ears. I think if my s/o decided to call me that it wouldn't bother me as much.. But still might bug me (Don't know considering he hasn't called me that as of yet).

What Guys Said 14

• Anything that pertains to me being short (Shorty, Short-stuff, Mini-Me, etc.). I'm 5'6, I know I'm shorter than the majority of men but it doesn't give them the right to call me those things. Most times I'll laugh it off but if it's one person constantly calling me that, it drives me nuts.

Terms of endearment don't both me. At least none of the girls I knew said something that I didn't like.

• Yup. I'm 5'6 too and constantly hearing this pisses me off.

• My mother sometimes refer to me as "froggy".

Fucking froggy.

• I don't like to be called cute...never call a guy cute. Cutie, honey; they all make me feel like a little boy

• Sexy, i feel objectified 😢

• Nobody ever calls me anything other than by my real name or by my initials which is actually the nickname I created for myself. Some people can't pronounce my name correctly so I tell them to use my initials.

• I use sweetie and sweetheart a lot. Babe is good but sounds awkward so I don't use it much. honey is the one I like to be called but don't like to use.

• "Bro". I don't know why, but I can't stand it. Way prefer buddy or bud.

With a SO, I don't care all that much as long as it's not too girly.

• I don't want to say it here but yeah. The nick name made me so angry that I had to change my entire appearance.

• Sometimes people refer to me as their "son." That kinda pisses me off for some reason. I thought you girls liked being called "babe" for some reason lol

• My dad calls me "Johnny Rotten" ... Even though it's obvious endearing from his part, it really gets on my nerves haha.

• Pretty. lmao

• i hate when people call me "terrorist" because I happen to have tan skin. I don't even look middle eastern I look italian

• Most, I really hate being given nicknames.

• David Hasselhoff. Yes, I am a boss and could rescue any large-breasted woman from the choppy Pacific Ocean waters. Yes, I would look great in red shorts and with that red floaty thingy he has. But truth is, just because I am hot like him and awesome like him doesn't justify me being called by his name. Frankly I find it insulting.

What Girls Said 7

• I really dislike "babe". Other terms of endearment are okay, but I prefer to be called by something unique to me. For instance, my ex used to call me "Pumpkin" because Autumn is my favorite time of the year, and I especially like Halloween . :)

• I hate "babe" ...even from my boyfriend.
    Sweetheart is okay sometimes..but I'm not big on pet names. But he can get away with whatever...hahah
    But especially not from someone who isn't my boyfriend. Its creepy and annoying as hell. It makes me cringe.

• My name is Sam and I hateeeee being called Sammie, Sam I am... As for generic nicknames, I hate "sweetie". It sounds condescending!! Anything else is pretty much fine, but my favorite is Kitten.

• So my name is Mercy, and sometimes people make connections to "Lamborghini Mercy" type things and they are super annoying.

Also, I don't like Princess because it sounds really high-maintanence.

• MAMI. I will forever and always hate MAMI.

• I hate when strangers call me sweet/pet names, no bitch I don't think so. If I had someone special I would try and come up with an original nick name/pet name. Last guy I would call him fudge swirl. Why because I secretly meant it as you piece of shit hahaha he was a jerk, I wasn't aware of it well more like in denial at the time but he didn't know my little secret.

• I don't like babe either.. My mom and step dad use that one on each other.. eeeewwwwwwww... I wouldn't mind "Baby" though.. or "Honey".. JUST NOT BABE.. bleh.

• Baby and honey are also fine with me. I just feel weird and over sexualized when I'm called babe...maybe that's weird

• not weird at all :)