Is it weird for a guy and a girl who are just friends to hang out alone?

Is it weird for a girl to hang out alone with a guy who is just her friend? Is it better to just hang out in a group? I want to ask my guy friend to hang out and do something this summer but I don't want him to think that I'm into him or asking him out or anything and I don't want to develop feelings for him. Right now I don't like him that way and he doesn't like me that way either. Also what is a good way to ask him to hang out that will not give him the wrong impression that I like him?

What Guys Said 2

• "Right now I don't like him that way and he doesn't like me that way either. "

That's thin ice you are threading on. At your age, your sex hormones are starting to boil, if not boiling already.

Remember, your sex hormones don't care whether you like him as a friend or not, they don't care whether you are emotionally or intellectually ready or not, they don't care about how compatible you two are, either. All they care is that you assist mankind by adding more headcounts to the 6-7 billion human beings on this planet. Same goes for his sex hormones.

"Also what is a good way to ask him to hang out that will not give him the wrong impression that I like him?"

Going alone, why ? What's the difference between group vs "just two" ? Freedom.

The real question therefore is, freedom, TO DO WHAT ?

You have to tell him is your answer to the above question, clearly, e.g. "I would like to go out with you, just you and me (this is the point he starts thinking...). Don't get me wrong. I simply like the freedom to ________________________ (you fill in the blank).

To minimize "accidents", don't go out into the woods ! Not so soon anyway. Choose public places (excluding cinemas, please) with plenty of LIGHT. Guess what most people do when they make love ? Turn OFF the lights. Stay in the LIGHT, you will be a lot safer. :)

• Look, if your pal is friendship material, you ought to be able to lay it on the line just as you've written your submission. As you know, young males are fairly stoopid, emotionally speaking, but most appreciate honesty and directness. There's nothing strange about having close buddies of the opposite sex. You'll get advice and insight into the male animal that your gal pals can't provide. Just tell him you're into his mind, like his sense of humor, etc., but you're not warm for his form. Removing the whole sexual issue will allow both of you to relax and be yourselves. Oddly enough, lots of guys dig this kind of friendship and look forward to the interaction as a real ego booster.

• Haha....your not warm for his form

What Girls Said 0