Why don't guys ever ask me out?

I don't get it, guys flirt with me but they don't ever ask me out. I'm pretty outgoing but I can get shy in certain situations with guys. I'm really into sports so I'm always playing with guys that flirt. I flirt back but I'm more subtle about it. Recently a guy that I really like set me up on a date with his friend! :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't realize that most guys won't ask them out without being relatively certain that they aren't going to embarrass themselves in doing so. You need to make it more clear that you are interested in him, not anyone else.

Most guys have gone through at least a couple of really humiliating situations where they were clicking with a girl, they asked her out, and the girl reacted with shock and horror. We're left thinking 'How the hell did I misread that one?' She seemed to like me, she was flirting with me... how could I have been so far off. These kinds of situations cause guys to get gun-shy with girls because they stop trusting their instincts. And it's largely the fault of women, flirting heavily when they have no interest and then acting nonchalant when they are interested. Help a brother out!

What Guys Said 5

• Guys can be shy and be afraid of rejection as well. So why don't you take the initiative and ask a guy out? C'mon, it's time to stop being old-fashioned, most guys do not mind a girl asking a guy out.

• be less subtle, more obvious. Tell him you'd rather date him than his friend.

• They think of you as just one of the guys. Because you play sports they automatically label you as that cool chick who wants to play ball. You should put yourself in situations that show you off as a girl that they would want to date. Be more aggressive about getting a date with the guy you want.

• The fabric of society today has been screwed over when it comes to gender roles. Maybe it's time that you ask him out. Take the initiative, don't be afraid.

• I don't know. Why don't girls ask me out?

What Girls Said 0