What experience finally gave you confidence in yourself concerning the dating world?

I recently got out of a five year relationship.He would not mature, had no job, had no plans for when he got into college, and refused to do something with himself.Since, I found a guy that I really cared for.Plus, low and behold, he had a car, job, ambition, and was the man in the relationship.But he turned on me and his closest friends after a month and a half of talking, something completely unlike him.I was really upset by such a crude rejection.But once he treated me badly after at a bonfire THEN asked if I still wanted to go to prom, I told him that I deserved both respect and better treatment no matter the situation.I believe the experience has helped me to grow concerning my own worth in the dating world.And he no longer looks me in the eye when near.That felt...empowering...and I pittied him for his own crappiness.

What Guys Said 1

• "He would not mature, had no job, had no plans for when he got into college, and refused to do something with himself.Since, I found a guy that I really cared for.Plus, low and behold, he had a car, job, ambition, and was the man in the relationship"

This. The realization that women and men want very different things out of relationships. I figured out that my expectations of the ideal relationship were unrealistic and flawed.
    So I stopped caring, and suprisingly things got way better.

• Well, they're not expectations.They're just some standards I'm hoping to start setting.I mean, maturity Is nice to have.I'm still figuring it out..I'm glad things got better for you simply from not caring.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say just my general college experience. It got me to meet new people and living on my own gave me confidence in myself, which helped me feel better about attracting guys.