How should someone who is rich to about finding a partner?

I'm going to come across a large amount of money when I get older, and I don't want to find a partner who wants me just for my money. A family friend of ours was in a similar situation and the wife wants a divorce after a few years, they married basically because the man was rich.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell people you're rich. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to see who is and isn't genuine. When you tell them upfront and watch their reactions you can see then and there who will betray you and who will be interested in seeing beyond it.

What Girls Said 5

• Don't tell her about the money until you know she loves you for you. A guy friend of mine owns a big trucking company in NYC - he is a multimillionaire but he tells women he drives a truck. He is amazed at how many women walk away from him, how materialistic women are. He finally found a woman that didn't care and they are now engaged. So just as there are good guys out there, there are also decent women out there.

• ...Don't flaunt your wealth then. Lots of rich guys show off their wealth (via cars, houses, man-jewelry) and then wonder why they're attracting a whole bunch of gold-diggers.

• You shouldn't let your partner know about the money until you have dated her for many years and she loves you for YOU. Also, you should feel a sense of trust from her. After she finds out see how she reacts and if her attitude toward you changes. Also, it sounds bad, but when you get married have a pre-nup that she cannot touch any of that money if things go sour.

• That will be sort of hard to hide.

• It really isn't hard. You just don't tell her until you think it is appropriate. As for the prenup, you can't hide that, but she shouldn't be surprised.

• I suppose I just wouldn't bring it up, honestly. I know it's good to be open, but finances (to that degree) really shouldn't be brought up if you want to make sure you meet someone with the right intentions. And plus if you tell them ahead of time and they don't want you only for your money, you may still be paranoid about it.

• When you are dating, dont let the women know you have money. Then they won't be after your money:)

What Guys Said 0