What does it mean if you text a girl and she responds "hi, busy now will call you soon?"?

Hey everyone, what does it mean if you text a girl to see how her weekend was and she responds "hi, busy now will call you soon." Some background information: we've been dating for about 5 weeks, we've been out six times and generally keep in touch every day to every other day or so.

Since date six she's been less talkative and not returned a phone call. She is a very busy and independent person. However, is this response a polite way of blowing a guy off or does she really mean she'll call soon? Would a girl really blow a guy off this way after six dates?

If I don't hear from here should I try to reach out again? When should I do that, a week or so?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think she is blowing you off, but I find that response a little rude. If she is genuinely busy, she could have put it more politely and said, sorry if I don't reply straight away, im just caught up with something at the moment. Speak to you later?

I would now wait for her to text or ring you. if she doesn't then you know she is blowing you off. If she does text you, then you know she is still interested.

• I agree the cold response completely caught me off guard. She hasn't done that before. I've been such a gentleman it seemed to strange.

What Girls Said 6

• You're right; she's either uninterested or busy. But give her the benefit of the doubt if it's only been 6 dates. She's probably just busy. And if she forgets to call/text as soon as she's not busy? She probably forgot to call/text. Sometimes girls just aren't that complicated.
    I give that response all the time when I'm just too busy to actually be invested in a conversation and I'd honestly be offended if a guy questioned whether or not I like him because I was too busy to text.
    As for her being less talkative- everyone gets into those less social moods when they're stressed or their mind is elsewhere.

• I just replied back to her text saying "no problem talk to you later hope all is well." I dont question her business i'm just wondering if she's losing interest. Six dates seems like a lot to not actually have a conversation with someone if you dont want to see them anymore IMHO. Could be wrong though.

• How often does she do this. If it's like EVERY time, then she probably lost interest, but I'd it's a new and then thing then she must likely was busy.

• Oh my gosh i am so sorry for them typos :( what I'm trying to say is that it kinda depends on how often it occurs.

• So far this is the first time she's done this. Maybe she is busy. Or perhaps maybe she wants some space for some reason?

• If it's not often she was most likely busy. Don't worry about it :)

• Since you've been going out for a while, I'd say that no, she's not blowing you off. She probably is really busy, so give it a week or two and see where it goes from there. My guess is that she'll probably text, call, or just try to get in touch with you soon to explain why she's been busy, if she gets the chance.

• You tell us, has she calked yet?

• She means that she's busy and and she will call you soon

• No, if she didn't want to talk to you she wouldn't have responded (which some girls do), or she would have responded but not told you she would call you later. She wouldn't tell you she'll call if she didn't want to.

What Guys Said 0