Girls: Do you prefer bad boys?

Is it true nice guys finish last? Would you rather date a bad boy than a nice guy? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no point in asking this question, because its a known fact that most, if not all girls prefer 'bad guys'. I don't understand what's so manly about a supposedly 'bad' guy who smokes and drinks like there's no end, often does drugs, sleeps around with random girls and generally doesn't have even an ounce of respect for women. The foolish girls fall head over heels for these jerks with the hope of 'changing' them. But they later realize that that this 'bad guy' just used them for sex, treated them like a doormat and finally threw them away like used tissues. AT this point, they still don't want to accept defeat, so they go around proclaiming to the world that ALL guys are evil.

The main problem with nice guys is that they place girls on a pedestal. If they stopped doing this, then they would have much better dating opportunities. Also, nice guys have this 'self pity' that girls would never prefer them. They need to stop this, and in factm, stop considering themselves as 'nice guys'. If they're nice, then there's no need to go around saying it to the world. And they need to realize that having a girlfriend or indulging in sex aren't the only things there are to life. Even if 100 girls reject them for being 'nice, they shouldn't feel discouraged because its the girls' loss. And there ARE some girls who actually prefer a real gentleman, so there really is no need for nice guys to push the panic button. They may get a girlfriend/wife later than the bad guys, but the relationship is sure to last much longer.

• Oh wow, you selected my opinion as best within just 17 minutes of me posting it! Thanks a lot!

• Conrad_Kelsiven
      Wow, that's a slick compliment! Thanks!

• He didn't slap me.. He was nice

What Girls Said 33

• Guys who say "nice guys finish last" aren't even nice to begin with.

• Very good point. . I love that

• You. You've been asking questions about how to get girls just about a million times. Always on anon, and always refusing to work out because you want to "stay true to yourself".

• You don't have to comment if you don't want to.. it's not mandatory. . I'm just having a real hard time dealing with breaking up with my fiance

• Nope, I am not into them. I am in a relationship with a good guy and I'd never go for a "bad" one. Cocky attitude and arrogance are major deal-breakers.
    Don't get me wrong, I also dislike self-proclaimed "nice" guys who spend most of the time whining about how women “just want to date jerks”. Most self proclaimed “nice guys” are spineless and they are as misogynistic as the bad boys (Chads) they complain about.
    They also befriend females with the expectation that women owe them something more than friendship.
    Good guys are the best. They have the best attributes a partner should have in my opinion, but they are also too hard to find.
    Self-proclaimed "nice" guys and bad boys are both shitty (I think the self-proclaimed "nice" guys are a bit worse though because they usually try to manipulate emotionally).

• I like nice guys. I like guys who are gentlemen and have good manners but are still not a pushover. I don`t like bad boys at all tho.

• I wish more women were like this

• no, i like sweet boys who have morals and manners

• bad boys are a lost of time...pure assholes

• Yep.. They are into themselves too. I'd rather have a sweet girl than a bad girl

• I like "nice guys" way better because bad boys is basically a synonym for the word ahole. I want a man who won't treat me like s**t and play games just for kicks. I don't want to waste my time on a man who doesn't treat me with the respect and loyalty that I treat him with.

• nope. Not a fan of the "bad boy". i like the nice guys

• Another woman with a good head on her shoulders

• I wouldn't necessarily say that I like bad boys more than I like good guys.

I'm just attracted to them more. I'm sure it's just a phase but then again. Maybe it's not I'm pretty emotionally unattached so with that being said having someone that doesn't commit and comes and goes is probably the #1 reason why I like bad boys.

• Not necessarily. I like general nice guys, guys who are a bit cheeky, intelligent and make me laugh are the best. A guy who comes across very hard, possessive and a bit of a jerk. No thank you.

Though this seems to be true occasionally too, every girl wants a bad boy who will be good just for her…and…every boy wants a good girl who will be bad just for him.

• I don't think I have it in me to be a bad boy

• Nope. I want a man I can trust and depend on. A bad boy isn't any of those things.

• They're very irresponsible

• A gentleman in the streets, a bad boy in the sheets :)

• I wouldn't say I prefer to date bad guys but they're generally more attractive or tend to attract you more initially then the good guys. However, the good guys are the better ones to date without a doubt.

• Not really, i like nice guys but nice guys usually dont like me, i tend to attract the bad kind...

• sometimes yes but sometimes not.. it depends on the girl, i honestly prefer that guy who is like a good boy but it has some thing of a bad boy and has good marks and acts cute :)
    no bad boys at all

• depends on the guy. I have actually crushed on just this one 'bad boy' :P
    its more to do with what lies underneath i guess? bad boys do have a certain appeal, but the best ones are those who have a hidden 'good' guy in them. really bad bad guys are just jerks, they get the girl temporarily, but not over a long period.

• When I was younger I was into bad boys. I've gotten past that.

• Bad Boy. Theyre cool and sexy and hot and sexy and sexy~ Haha I dont know why..I'm a fan of reading and my favorite romantic books are the ones with cool "bad boys" that smoke, have piercings and tattoos, hang in gangs etc. But I dont think I would date one. I'd rather date a nice guy than a possible player.

• So you'll be fantasizing about them while you're with your nice guy huh?

• Now you're making me feel guilty haha I dont know.. Hmm..Fantasizing about other guys while im with one, with my self esteem I'd probably be greatful a guy would even look at me twice so i dont think so

• No, i like a nice guy, but not shy, and i like a strong man that will protect me, u guys that think ur nice won't see this, cuz ur not really nice when ur with HER... Ur all just the same :) and only little are lucky , :) we may think ur nice, But then, when we fall deeply, we realize, that u r not the same guy that we once knew, so keep on talking , cuz u will never know, :)

• You think I'm faking being nice?

• Its never too late

• I don't even know how to approach a woman. . My ex fiance I found online

• They're a lot more fun for summer/spring flings. They're more exciting, lots of girls want them, the guys are afraid of them, more adventurous etc... but they don't work for long term relationships. I prefer nice guys guys to date seriously or long term.

• I'm a nice guy but I wouldn't back down to anyone especially a bad boy..

• Like I said, that's just my experience.

• There are ufc fighters who are nice guys, my ddad is a friend with one and he was the nicest guy in the planet

• I like nice guys bad boys are just jerks

• You're smart for your age.. you are so right.. They are also VERY inconsiderate and selfish

• Thank you all my friends like bad boys but I like nice guy they won't cheat on you they say sweet things and they love you for whoyou are

• Exactly who wouldn't want that..

• No I prefer them good boys.

• well, when I walk into a room the "bad" boys will stand out. and May be crushes on but never extreamy.
    i would rather have a good guy with a mischevious streak. Makes the relationship...interesting.

• No but I don't like nice guys either.

• That makes no logical sense not to like nice guys

• Not sure. But I think a good boy who turns bad when the occasion calls for it is a keeper.

• I like bad boys but one's who have some good morals.

• I like funny boys =)))))))))

• I do, they're more manly and alpha

I don't like beta guys. Like you're a man, wear the fucking pants

• A guy can wear the pants without being rude. . Alpha/bad boys are rude

• I wish it was the 1950s, less women would cheat and more guys would get laid. True love would be seen more often.

• True

• Every girl wants a bad boy who will only be good for them...even though it is unrealistic.

• It is not true. Bad guys are to much drama.

• not going to lie, am i attracted to bad boys more? yes. but do i prefer the nice ones? double yes

• Why are you attracted to them? Cuz they're into themselves?

• well i don't make the choice of who i'm attracted to or not now do i? but for me the more they seem interested the easier to get a relationship, so it's not that interesting or exciting

• So for me to attract women I should pretend I'm not into them?

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 7

• Nice guys don't finish last, boring guys do. I've seen tons of nice guys having no trouble finding girls to suit them, and just the same for the more edgy, "out there" guys as well. The ones saying they have trouble...just take a look at them and see how unnatural and forced they behave. On top of this, when you blast your insecurities to the world around you, of course you aren't going to get a date.

So yeah, guys out there who think this phrase is true need to quit deluding themselves and start handling their shit.

• It's not up to the guys.. women always decide

• Alright man, whatever. You have to want to help yourself. But all you want to do is make excuses and pity yourself. Not worth the time

• I'm just saying you're probably thin

• The way I've had it explained to me it's not the bad boy women crave but a man who is dominant, assertive and secure in himself. These are just qualities that "bad"b oys seem to commonly posses. Whereas the stereotypical "nice" guy is meeker and afraid to offend.

But then again I'm not a chick so I could be wrong.

• Being afraid to offend only means you're considerate of others feelings

• Nothing "only" means anything. For instance if you asked me a question and I gave you the answer I thought you wanted to hear instead of what I actually thought. I don't see that as being considerate, I see that as fear of not being liked for disagreeing.

• I concur with your answer.

• I think most would prefer a 'good boy' in the long run. Maybe a fling with a bad boy might be fun for a while but it gets old fast, at least in my opinion. Personally, I treat all women with kindness, tenderness and adoration. The few girls that do like 'bad boys' I prob wouldn't be interested in anyway. I guess that makes me a 'good boy' except at certain times when I get in 'the mood' then I become a 'naughty boy' lol. It seems to work for me. However, Im not into just casual sex with just any woman that comes along.

• Make yourself as good looking as you can like the bad boy, have the social skills with females (aka not worshipping females like deities) like the bad boy, have the self confidence (comfort with the pros and cons of oneself) of the bad boy...
    ...
    ...
    ...AND avoid being the abusive, cheating & controlling factors of a bad boy...
    ...
    ... = #winning

• It not that hard! Put in the work to make yourself look good and boosting your social skills with females!

• I just don't want to give them the pleasure to reject me. When I talk to a guy it's different but if I were to talk to a woman most likely I want to date her

• No matter what us men do, women ALWAYS have final say.

In order to get even a date, let alone a phone #...you have to risk rejection by the female.

There's no getting around that.

• I think the bad girls like to date them because they match up which makes sense, and the nice light-hearted girls want to have sex with them but not date them.
    Also I feel like you aren't going to get honest responses here unless they are anonymous. No girl is going to be like "oh yeah I love douchebags"

• Stop generalizing. There are no "bad boys" and "nice guys". Bad boys are just guys that know who they are and what they want. Nice guys are guys who are usually shy and afraid of people judging them.

• Nobody likes to be Judged plain and simple

• Not sure what you read but definitely not what I wrote. I said you need to know what you have to offer so you don't feel like you need to try so hard to gain a girl's approval. And how is anything I said offending women?

• Sorry I was thinking of someone else. somebody told me to tease women and offend them on a date that they'd respect me for it

• Its a fact girls like bad boys better