Can you tell if someone is "the one" before you start dating?

Can you tell just by being good friends for a while if it's even worth pursuing? And even becoming something more like marriage down the line?

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically no. They might be but there's a ton you don't know.

What Guys Said 7

• You can't know if someone is the one without actually knowing anything about them. I have only seen one case were the statement you made actually happened and that was when my father saw my mother for the first time and said to himself. I'm going to marry that women well here they are happily married but you should not take that one rare instance to heart.

• I don't mean at first glance though, I mean through friendship

• Ah well through friendship its quite possible to fall in love you should have put that into your question it would have made it much clearer.

• Nope, there is a side to everyone that no one sees except those who are with eachother a lot and close. It's like a resume, when you are out in public, you show your best qualities and hide the others.

• I am reminded of an iceberg...

• Well yes if he is super intelligent and rich and has all the positive attributes. Aka men who are already taken.

• Yes. Simple men tend to bare all. Those complex boys that ladies seem to like though? Not at all.

• No of course not, what a dumb question.

• No way. You have to get to know them very well. Then decide that.

What Girls Said 2

• No. You can't know things like that. You'll. only know it once you really know the person and once you see the real him and whatever makes you think he's the one you want to share the rest of your life with.

• Within the first five minutes of meeting someone they say you've already decided weather or not this person has potential. Which can apply to many things. I think its just instinct/gut/observation. So I can decide if I like someone enough to presume a friendship with them. And usually those first initial introductions tell me whether or not I see long term potential with them as a partner. We can be proven wrong, people can make bad first impressions etc, but more often then not I feel im right about those feelings. I myself have never fallen in love with someone I've viewed as a friend.But what im trying to say is I think when your friends with someone you probably are already aware of the potential you could have. You probably already know if you have romantic feelings for them, already know if they have the traits you want/need in a partner, if they have "deal breaker" traits etc. Is there a way to know for certain if it will lead to marriage? No.