He important is money to you in a relationship?

Say you meet someone really amazing, but they don't apply themselves at work, still live at home with the parents, in some debt, no savings, and make way less than you (and you make just average)
Would you pass on dating this person?

Other than that, what do you think of money and relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• The joke question here is: "Does he have a car?" You must be quite a nice woman because most women rank social status and income high on their checklist of desirable masculine traits. If this guy is paying off a student loan for a lucrative degree, well of course he would seem an interesting prospect. Then too you must realize that job prospects for everyone are shrinking nowadays, which may have affected his ambition and rendered him with psychological issues. At any rate, carrying your relationship to the extreme of imagination would mean you got pregnant and could not work for some time; that would indicate borrowing and so forth on your part. If you are not interested in marriage and see this person as a friend with benefits, there should be no problem if you could maintain a certain emotional distance. Sad to say, but it money is a well-established factor that love cannot conquer in the success of relationships.

What Guys Said 3

• What if money did not exist, one thing is certain. He has no drive. Can you live with a man who wants nothing, does nothing

• Money is a joke. Life in general is a joke. After a while, love is the only fun thing. So I say, fuck everything else and go for love.

• So what? I have a friend that is an awesome guy and life has really sucked for him. He's had a series of break ups, was laid-off twice with jobs and typically doesn't go out because he can't even make ends meet. He moved in with his folks to get back on his feet and he's got a lot to offer. I think people are too quick to judge others before finding out facts about people.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

What Girls Said 1

• For me, it depends on how old the guy is. Like if he's under 25, I get that he still might be in school and working on student loans so its cheaper to stay at home. If he's over 25 and in that situation, then I would definitely think twice before starting a relationship. If he's not applying himself at work, it would make me question his work ethic (something I think is important). It would also make me wonder if/how he would provide for a family if the relationship got that far.
    I don't think it would stop me from starting a relationship, but I would definitely have to think twice about it.