If a guy take you out and want to pay is it a date?

If a guy takes you out for food and drinks and is very adamant that he is going to pay is it a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are yet. There are some guys who do that for their friends though. I've done that for my female friends a couple of times, usually as a way of saying things or for catching up or if they couldn't pay for it. I would go into it not thinking it's a date that way you're relaxed and not overthinking things (like you are right now :p). If it's a date, you'll find out during the time.

What Guys Said 2

• If this is the first time you are going out with the guy, then yes it is. If its one of your older friends then no, unless there are other indications during the dinner that would indicate more than just a platonic friendship.

• It is either a date or two friends hanging out together.

What Girls Said 1

• Well a date is like an appointment is how I see it. I have dates even with my female friends.
    But to answer you no. Sometimes guys just like doing stuff because they are gentlemen and that's how they see it.
    Friends often pay for each other.