Can a good woman really inspire a man to better himself?

Or is this a myth and silly to believe? Can a good woman really make a guy think, wow, I could be so much better, I dont like the kind of person I am/have become...i want to be different/a better person?
I am a young woman who is rather open minded and non judgmental when it comes to others, even if I would never agree or do what they do, because I know that people have reasons to why they are the way they are to get to that point in their lives. However I myself try to be the best that I can be and be as good and kind as I can to make up for all the bad and hurt and evil in the world. And I have had many a man and friend say that my idealism and goodness has inspired them to better themselves and turn their lives around. Do men really do this? Can a good woman be a good inspiration

• No, its a playing move, guys do it as manipulation tactic
  • Its so that he feels it will make the girl feel good about herself and special so she will be attatched to him
  • Guys are inspired by a good woman and she can have a strong affect on him
  • A good woman is a rare one to find and guys will change for them to keep them

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• For sure. A man can be lost at times. Lot's of raw energy, impulses and explosive actions. Undirected, it can lead to a lot of things, few of them good.

A good woman can be like a compass. Directing this energy into something productive, something worthwhile.

Ever ask a guy to move a couch? Look what happens if you ask him to move it, or if you tell him where to move it. Same strength, two very different results. A woman can figure out where the couch should be. A man... can move the couch around a lot.

• It depends on what you mean by inspire. The thing with inspiration is that the guy needs to want to better himself. I'm much more for the belief that a person surrounds himself with positive people and that he wants to better himself out of his own free will. The trouble I see with women wanting to "better a man" is that they directly shove their hands into his situations and meddle with things they shouldn't be meddling with. That's not inspiration, that's just being annoying. I dumped a girl who was doing so gladly.

Plus being the sole source of the inspiration means the person will crumble without them and that to me would feel like codependency. There are stories of how crushed a guy can get after breaking up and how he will stop trying to get in shape and so on.

• No, it's not a myth. It's just that we have so few good women nowadays, that many people have never met one or been associated with one in their lives,

It's easy to be cynical, but once you have known such a woman, you have no doubt. She will find a way to affect and change anyone who is near her, regardless of what it will take.

• It is a perfect storm situation. The perfect woman has to come at the perfect time. He needs to be at a point where he is not only open to change but ready and she needs to not just want the change but be worth it. You can quickly tell if he is just saying it as people will sense the change.

• Hmmm I'm thinking they do already want to change just getting a little motivational push from seeing how the girl is

• Women inspire men to improve ourselves all the time. However that inspiration may not have a lasting effect. So it doesn't mean that she is enough to actually have the man to improve himself.

• I have noticed this as well. It is hard to keep the determination forever to overcome flaws
      we slip up at times and some even give up if it is too hard

• “If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girlfriends " ..orson welles

• I voted C, though I find it all a bit fanciful. I think that this is one of those 'turn a bod boy into a lover'. Like those old cowboy movies, I haven't watched many though. Just the feeling of the cowboy who is tough and has duels and everybody in the town is scared shirtless in his presence, but the attractive young daughter of the sheriff seeks him out. And she tries to create a relationship with someone who may or may not want a different life

• Lol like the bad boy who decides to become a good boy for a girl. Ehh. I think this is nonsense unless he already wanted to change, in which case he wouldn't be a bad boy, just a guy with some bad habits

• C. I would like to change my woman into a good and unlazy person. She will also be the one to change me, isn't that the reason why she came into my life to changed my daily habits? she's my motivation to encoirage myself to do better and my every reason to live for.

• Yes I think they can, some men of course will not change but in my opinion women tend to passify some mens self destructive natures, the company, love and sex from a female as opposed to not having it can surely only be a good thing, you sound like an amzing woman, at least from your description of yourself.

• It's a little bit of all of them.. Mostly D, C, and B. If he really liked a girl he will try and do things so she will feel good about herself and special because knowing that she feels that way makes him feel good about himself. If she's a good women it can affect him a lot. Also if he really liked her he will be willing to change for her. There might be some guys who can just be manipulative though.

• No. A man has to want to better himself first and foremost. Without that intention, nothing else matters. And you can't manipulate a person's intentions. It will work short term; but not for the long haul.

• When I mean inspire to change I mean the girl is doing nothing except being herself and by example. A guy sees that and feels a quiet admiration that makes him want to be better. I'm not talking about girls who are trying to change someone in any way. I'm talking about inspiring by being themselves

• In that scenario it could certainly happen. People can find inspiration from anything. A movie, song, woman, close friend, etc...

• I voted C. A good woman by a man's side is one of the best partners a man could have...and EVERYTHING is easier with a partner!

• No. Never. A person changes their lives out of awe and inspiration due to never being proud of themselves to begin with. It is a matter of having someone show them a route not having them show them a way. The good news is that the illusion is strong enough you don't have to think about such a thing.

• Let me clarify: The person was unhappy before you showed up and didn't know what to do. You gave them insight and they decided to act. It is rare it is the other way around without extensive treatment.

• ALWAYS
    but some guys - never

• i chose D, i remember a very cute saying: "my boyfriend once asked his mother how he could find the perfect woman. His mother said that aspire to be the perfect man, and then your perfect woman shall come."

• I have voted for option D. It is usually a combination of both C and D

• Maybe you have a glow or optimistic outlook in things that brings the good out in people as a contagious vibe.

However. When a man truly loves a woman he will even go to the extend to make himself a better person. This is true because im one of them. I found the most beautiful and lovely darling in the world. I have to be the best that I can be for her. I will be the best boyfriend and protect and love her carefully.

But for the guys who tells u those things, perhaps they were inspired but I doubt it had to do with feelings for you.

A virtuous woman with honour is better than beauty.

• Beautiful :)

• eep, oh well :D

• -Ferruccio77

What Girls Said 8

• yes that can happen and it can go both ways. when I met my ex boyfriend I was a alcoholic and after a month of dating him I stopped drinking almost all together. now that we broke up its much harder to stay sober, but I am doing it.

• Keep at it for your own good. Not worth losing your sobriety over a breakup.

• People can be inspired by others, but a guy willing to change in some way for a woman... doesn't happen often - if ever.

• If a guy is going to "better himself" it's because he wants it and he needs it. No one can force anyone to change.

• Perhaps a guy could better himself because of a great female but he most likely will do it because he wants to do it for himself.

• None of these. A person will better themselves when hey decide not by another person holding their hand

• i think it is possible to stir something in him

• Yes, a woman can inspire a man try to be a better man.

• A man's downfall or success always has to do with a woman